Buying advice : E-MTB Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPA Race 500 27,5 (2016!)

PeterP

Jul 25, 2021
The Netherlands
Dear all,

I am new to the forums and I've just introduced myself here:

I am looking for an E-MTB Fully, currently for a second handed on the market because budget is limited and we have/had to buy 2 bikes (me and my girlfriend).

Some general info
We are both beginners, both about the length of 1.83, myself weighing around 83 kilo and girlfriend is around 60 (but don't tell her I told you...:ROFLMAO:). We are looking for fully's because of let's say comfort..
I don't expect us soon going for really difficult trails, but let's see where we end up.

Advice needed:
I've found a bike near my location, which is a 2016 E-MTB Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPA Race 500 27,5
  • It is bought in March 2021
  • Still has factory Warranty (2 years in the netherlands)
  • 1 free service available
  • Receipt everything is available
  • 540km in total
  • 20" Frame
  • Dropper post
  • Price is €2500,- (was €4200,-)
Question:
Is the price okay/reasonable for this bike?
Does it matter that it is a 160mm? (didnt have the chance to drive it yet, going for it tomorrow).
Is there a difference between a 2019 Bosch motor ? (We have one now)

Is there a reason I would not go for it?

Cube.JPG

Cube 2.JPG

Cube 3.JPG

Cube 4.JPG

Really hoping for some good advice, let me know if you need to know anything else.

Best regards,
Peter

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Have you considered having a look through the ’bikes & parts for sale’ section on this forum for similar bikes / specs? It may give you some insight to how fair the price is.
Looks like it has an early motor, so may be worth checking repair / replacement options with LBS.
I’m certain Cube warranty isn’t transferable in the UK, probably worth checking if this is / isn’t the case in the Netherlands.
Good luck!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles