Brose s mag temperature

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
Please post here your brose s mag max temperature you detected under severe usage conditions.
Please also post your ebike model , km ,and if you ecperienced any troubles with motor.

2019 levo expert
300km
87° C
Motor failure , exchanged because too noisy.

I'll write an update about temperature when i get the new motor

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Wow, that's very hot, possible cause or consequence of being noisy. I think mine never exceeded 40°C, but I never checked temp after a long climb, will now check it more regularly ...

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
Wow, that's very hot, possible cause or consequence of being noisy. I think mine never exceeded 40°C, but I never checked temp after a long climb, will now check it more regularly ...
With blevo app you can track and record it

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
With blevo app you can track and record it

Highest I have seen is 76 degrees Celsius. I heard the engine is supposed to cut out when it hits around 80 (not sure on that as I have never got there). The temp goes up fairly quickly when using Turbo, not so much on Trail and same on Eco for obvious reasons.

As I do a fair amount of climbing in Turbo, I have Blevo set up to do voice announcements every 5 minutes on the battery and motor temperature when I have my phone in my pocket.
When I have the phone mounted on the bars I have the same info and loads of other info displayed.
Blevo is such a good App for customising, displaying and announcing loads of different data about your Eeb while you are on the move (y) @PaoloBLEvo is a genius!

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Just checked my motor temp after a pretty long and steep climb and it was 63°C, battery was 39°C. I have Levo Comp 2020 with about 3000km on the clock. So far no major issues, beside blinking LEDs sometimes when turning ON and just occasionally I get this long motor cut-off delay after I stop pedaling.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I just looked back through all my Blevo rides and I had one ride with a max motor temperature of 127F. All the others are quite a bit lower. One at 118F with the majority of them 100-115F. Average temps were around 100F give or take 10F. The bike is a 2020 Comp Purchased in early March now with 562 miles and a motor date of 10/8/2019. I've seen in various other places a growing theory that the belt issue does anecdotally seem to have a temperature element (hence this thread). There is also some more recent discussion that the carbon models have it worse since the aluminum ones conduct the heat a bit better.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Besides the other obvious excessive heat related issues, I bet overheating is often the cause of stripped belts in these bikes because riders are not paying attention to how much they are loading the motor. Got to keep your temps in check, and just like a boosted car you don't bog the motor in higher gears.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Specialized Rider Care confirmed that thermal rollback or derating commences at 90°C.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
please explain i am not sure to understand what it means
Ha yes true an example how some tech terminology can be unnecessarily technical.

It's the temperature at which power progressively reduces to avoid barbecuing your motor.

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
Just because your "motor is new" does not verify which firmware you are on. I advise to check the Mission Control app and verify your firmware version.

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
Ha yes true an example how some tech terminology can be unnecessarily technical.

It's the temperature at which power progressively reduces to avoid barbecuing your motor.

yes , i experienced a power cut.

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
what can we do to boost air cooling?
is it real that the hole in the back that in the first 2019 levos was collecting dirty and then was closed in the next series was an air intake to extract hot air from motor?
can we arrange some kind of custom air intakes on carters or remove the cap from the rear hole to get better air cooling?
Any other tricks? special paints or radiators like ones used on pc for cpu cooling?
my motor is burning, i reach 95° easily in these hot days

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
The hole was officially closed/filled with a sponge, so there is still some air circulation but sponge preventing dirt getting in around the motor (behind plastic housing). You are talking 95 Celsius or Fahrenheit? If °C you have some serious problem with motor, I think it should not get that hot not matter the ambient temperature.

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
The hole was officially closed/filled with a sponge, so there is still some air circulation but sponge preventing dirt getting in around the motor (behind plastic housing). You are talking 95 Celsius or Fahrenheit? If °C you have some serious problem with motor, I think it should not get that hot not matter the ambient temperature.
i am talking Celsius.
I got same temp with previous motor, now the new one is the same.
i do 700 meters elevation in turbo mode , my bike is carbon, this will not help dissipation
my levo expert 2019 has no sponge, but a plastic cap that seal the hole.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
i am talking Celsius.
I got same temp with previous motor, now the new one is the same.
i do 700 meters elevation in turbo mode , my bike is carbon, this will not help dissipation
my levo expert 2019 has no sponge, but a plastic cap that seal the hole.
Then there is your problem.

Blebo19

Dec 1, 2019
Italy
Then there is your problem.
nope, any new levo have this plastic cap

333.PNG

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
This is not the location of the hole with sponge, you have to remove the wheel to clearly see it, it is below this plastic cover.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles