Brose S Mag problem - elastic band effect

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Dear all,

I´ve some annoying problems with my Brose S Mag motor in my 2019 Levo Comp FSR. The support is since the last 50km very inharmonic. It comes to an elastic band effect during the support. The full power comes for a short period of time and then it goes a little down – this effect repeats continuously. When you switch of the bike, or switch the engine mode to zero, the engine support is how it should be. But after the first relief of the pedal force, the elastic band effect comes again.

Following points I checked already:

• reset via Specialized app
  • reset via TCU hardware reset
  • regardless of engine mode
  • regardless of current strength
  • regardless of acceleration sensitive
  • it appears also in shuttle mode
  • it appears also with another battery pack
  • regardless driven speed
  • regardless environment temperature

Thanks for your answers and help!!

Reactions: Bis

OleBCN

Jun 2, 2019
Barcelona
And what is your question? The fastest way to the bike store?
Seriously. With all the issues some people had with this motor, I wouldn’t mess with it risking voiding your warranty.
It should be replaced if there is something serious. Which looks like it is the case.

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
My question was, if someone knows this problems and have maybe a solution for it. The way to the dealer is my last one, because all repairs on my 2018 Levo takes a lot of time – not under 8 weeks! And it´s summer and I want to ride trails in the alps J

I know this effect, when there is a peak power as a result of too fast gear changes sometimes. The power regulate down a little and comes after a second again.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Maybe the torque sensing of the motor is inconsistent, I assume they use some form of electronic strain gauge to measure crank forces. Whatever the underlying issue is, it will need to be inspected/tested by the right people with the right tools.

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Maybe the torque sensing of the motor is inconsistent, I assume they use some form of electronic strain gauge to measure crank forces. Whatever the underlying issue is, it will need to be inspected/tested by the right people with the right tools.

That´s also me assumption! And your are right, therefor you need a diagnostic tool. I´ll go in the next few days to the dealer, to go deeper in it. Thanks!

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
No, I don´t use BLevo while I´m riding the Levo. I only use it, to adjust the different modes...

What you describe is what I've been experiencing with Blevo
Try resetting Blevo to the Specialized stock settings and then using only Mission Control

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Another test ride shows the reason for the "elastic band effect". The tension of the belt decreases after a while. Now, the tension is so low, that sometimes the belt is slipping. The way to the dealer is now unavoidable - bye bye Levo for the next 8 weeks :(

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
I'm on my second belt failure with the Bose mag s belt failed in less than 500 miles got 263 with first and less than 200 on the second replacement. Worse specialized is telling my shop that motors are backordered, ut-o- rastro, sounds like total recall (that's two movie/TV references in one)

High Rock Ruti

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles