Levo Gen 2 Brose Belt Service Kit for S Mag Motors

skyhigh levo

Dec 12, 2020
california
Does anyone in the USA have experience with the Brose kit that upgrades the motors to the new belt?
I attached a copy of the installation manual from the kit so I know it exists.
You can get it online from overseas but shipping is slow and expensive.

Attachments

• brose belt manual 591838-101.pdf
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 1,210
Reactions: jxj

1Nixxxo

Nov 29, 2019
Russia
Does anyone in the USA have experience with the Brose kit that upgrades the motors to the new belt?

Guess they'll ship it to USA

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
My buddys 2017 motor is making noise so I bought a belt kit and the special .2nm torque wrench from some place in the EU. shipping was no problem. Need to find the other 4.3nm toque wrench and im ready. Doesn't look like a tough job, just follow the instructions.

Jasonjacobsgeorge

Jun 5, 2021
USA
My buddys 2017 motor is making noise so I bought a belt kit and the special .2nm torque wrench from some place in the EU. shipping was no problem. Need to find the other 4.3nm toque wrench and im ready. Doesn't look like a tough job, just follow the instructions.

As far as I know, Brose does not build belts, Gates design and build belts for Brose. Brose does not sell belts E86001, have to send in for repair. Here is the Brose Replacement Drive Belts, not sure if it ship to USA.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
As far as I know, Brose does not build belts, Gates design and build belts for Brose. Brose does not sell belts E86001, have to send in for repair. Here is the Brose Replacement Drive Belts, not sure if it ship to USA.
These belts are the same size, but once again they are fibreglass! They will normally last a maximum of about two weeks if you are a gentle rider. Brose belts are carbon fibre strand and last much much longer.
Below you can see a fibreglass belt after one ride, when it strips it is all light and fluffy, when the brose carbon belt strips it is a much blacker messier affair!

I know I said this earlier but we sell Brose belts through our American supplier, he currently has stock of genuine Brose belts in America so you guys over there don't need to have your bikes off the road while you wait for a belt to be sent from Europe or the UK. AMERICAN BROSE PARTS SUPPLIER

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

Jasonjacobsgeorge

Jun 5, 2021
USA

I bought 3 Brose replacement belts from this supplier, "e86001" mark on the belts. These 3 belts for 3 different customers. It has been 4 weeks approx since replaced with new belts. So far so good.

soft-pedal

Mar 11, 2024
USA
I bought 3 Brose replacement belts from this supplier, "e86001" mark on the belts. These 3 belts for 3 different customers. It has been 4 weeks approx since replaced with new belts. So far so good.
Could you update us with your 3 year followup using the new belts?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles