SoCal
My hinge is cracked halfway up.

So I put gorilla tape on it. The door isn't falling off now. LOL

20220722_121425.jpg
20220721_161034.jpg

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
For people in the U.S., are you getting a fast response for warranty replacement of your broken battery door cover now that the new improved version is released?

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
For people in the U.S., are you getting a fast response for warranty replacement of your broken battery door cover now that the new improved version is released?

I'll let you know, just emailed my LBS which is actually owned by Specialized now.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Went to the Specialized owned LBS with the new door picture in hand.

Said they have not seen it before but would call and get me an update on availability.

I'll wait as I have gorilla tape on there now which works just fine.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
Mine broke from opening and closing maybe a dozen times. Just thin plastic - like bending a piece of thin metal several times and then it just breaks. LBS (Spesh dealer) has me in line for the replacement. I'm in the US. Been waiting maybe 2 months but I'm still riding and the sealed plug stays put and keeps the contacts clean/dry.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Mine broke from opening and closing maybe a dozen times. Just thin plastic - like bending a piece of thin metal several times and then it just breaks. LBS (Spesh dealer) has me in line for the replacement. I'm in the US. Been waiting maybe 2 months but I'm still riding and the sealed plug stays put and keeps the contacts clean/dry.
I am also in the U.S. (California) and emailed Specialized Rider Care with a photo of my broken door. They mailed me a new one. It was delivered 4 days after I submitted the request.

May want to bypass your LBS and just contact Specialized.

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
surely someone in their engineering design dept should have realised that a bending plastic hinge wasn't going to cut it? its basic science that if you keep bending something it will become weak and eventually fail?? come on Spec

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
I am also in the U.S. (California) and emailed Specialized Rider Care with a photo of my broken door. They mailed me a new one. It was delivered 4 days after I submitted the request.

May want to bypass your LBS and just contact Specialized.
This is interesting. My LBS also had me send them pictures of the receipt, the door, and the bike. They are saying that I will need to bring the bike in for the replacement as well. I showed them that it appears that the whole replacement could be done just from the battery casing. Did you need anything special to do the replacement and did you get the new design? I'll be sending Rider Care a note today. Thank you.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
This is just ridicolous design. For such expensive bikes they should provide a permanent fix, not another crappy door. I am very upset.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
Interestingly, I received a call from my LBS letting me know that the replacement has arrived and to bring in the bike for installation. It would be nice to have the option to do the installation myself but at least the part covered. I'll report back on what version I get.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
I dropped off my bike to have the new door installed. I watched the tech open the bag but I could tell that it was the original version - even though the tech was certain that it was the improved version. The new part had the exact thin plastic hinge. Maybe the spring-loaded hinge version that was shown in earlier posts is not a real part for the Levo. Has that been confirmed?
1661809747510.png

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
V2 part number below. Does not appear to be available in the states yet. Found this on the same German site as RickBullotta - didn't know there were two posts on this topic until I found the part number. Thanks Rick.

Part number - S229900031
Salko - thank you for confirming. I'll be requesting that my LBS ask Spesh about this part and its availability in the states when I'm there picking up the bike today. It's only a matter of time before I'm back there to get this one installed :rolleyes:
my22-levo-battery-rock-door-kit-v2-hinged-version.jpg

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
Exactly, Ruppia. So I found out that the hinge version (V2) is not available in the US yet - according to my LBS. They must have looked into this because when I walked in they knew all about the V2 version this time. They told me that they would just order one of the new versions when they are available - very cool with that. The good news in all of this is that I rode mine for two months with the sealed plug exposed and it was very clean at the contacts each time I charged. I don't get too goopy with my rides so YMMV. Oh, and the new door came with a whole new rock guard assembly.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
V2 part number below. Does not appear to be available in the states yet. Found this on the same German site as RickBullotta - didn't know there were two posts on this topic until I found the part number. Thanks Rick.

Part number - S229900031
Salko - thank you for confirming. I'll be requesting that my LBS ask Spesh about this part and its availability in the states when I'm there picking up the bike today. It's only a matter of time before I'm back there to get this one installed :rolleyes:
View attachment 96070
great post, useful to all Gen 3 owners. thanks.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
I dropped off my bike to have the new door installed. I watched the tech open the bag but I could tell that it was the original version - even though the tech was certain that it was the improved version. The new part had the exact thin plastic hinge. Maybe the spring-loaded hinge version that was shown in earlier posts is not a real part for the Levo. Has that been confirmed?
View attachment 96012
Confirmed!

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Hi, yesterday I had the charging door changed with the new one by a dealer in the lower Piemonte, but not for free, 15 euros.

Ciao!

Why were you asked to pay something? Wasn't this replacment happening under warranty?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Some dealers are also charging for labor when replacing the motor under warranty. I guess some dealers are more greedy than others ...

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
I received from best bike the parts today and mounted immediately.
some thoughts:
the material is changed, from PP to PA+ABS. Such a strage blend, of course more strong but also less flexible.
the door is closing not perfectly, it needs some sort of final adjust cause the hinge is really thin and the door slide al little bit on that
the hinge is exposed to rock an dirt.
i really think that it may break down in a moment.
a little bit disappointed as you understand, in some months we can tell if this mods is enough

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles