Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

Feb 3, 2021
UK
My Mondi Crafty got the extra mode options though after reading the Bosch site descriptions I stuck with those it came with, tweaked to my preferences.
Seems for some unknown reason mine didnt fully update YET says its on latest update so can't delete or try updating the bike again. Spoke with shop and they updated bike they had and again like you and my mate they didnt get an error code warning and did get the extra power modes I should have gotten. I'm not that bothered about extra power modes BUT I am worried my zero miles brand new bike gave an error code during this update. Bike shop told me just to wait until the next flow app update comes out and hopefully that will add the missing power modes. As for the error code, that came up but didnt after switching the bike back on, I won't know IF my bikes motor or electronics has a problem until I can get out to ride, which hopefully will be next month.

Feb 3, 2021
UK
Can I see what firmware version I’m on using the flow app.
If you look for and select your controller until your bike has in the flow app it will tell you which FW it has. This is mine.

Screenshot_20240218_183114B.jpg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
biggest lesson from this thread is leave any new firmware update for a couple of months before implementing........all the bugs may be ironed out by then!
What became evident after the previous update when the Treks had error readings in distance and confirming importance of proper reading for operating.

mrkibbles

Subscriber
Nov 13, 2023
UK
On the app is there a way to find out how much battery you used on a ride? When I was riding home from work yesterday over the South Downs, I was thinking it might be quite useful if you could look at a previous ride and see how much battery you use when climbing up a hill or even over the route as a whole. Would be helpful to see which mode you were in too for some context.

SteveMc

Feb 13, 2024
Staffordshire
Anyone else getting the error code '420003'? I've been getting it once a ride since the last major update - I think it's something to do with my HR monitor.

OleP

Dec 3, 2020
Roskilde, Denmark
Anyone else getting the error code '420003'? I've been getting it once a ride since the last major update - I think it's something to do with my HR monitor.
Yes, it is a known update bug and has also been seen by me who does not have a heart monitor. Just acknowledge the error and continue.
According to other forums it should be fixed in a future update.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Just an update on the recording of heart rate data after this lateste upgrade. I raise a tick with Bosch and just had this reply.
"Please be advised that the heartrate monitor connected to the Bosch system is only a monitor. There is no storage of this data and also no statistics unfortunately ".

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Just an update on the recording of heart rate data after this lateste upgrade. I raise a tick with Bosch and just had this reply.
"Please be advised that the heartrate monitor connected to the Bosch system is only a monitor. There is no storage of this data and also no statistics unfortunately ".
I really can't see the point of the feature if that is the case. Pretty poor effort by Bosch

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
If you're not happy I'd suggest raising it with Bosch.
I raised the issue the 1st time around with a support ticket regarding getting garmin/similar devices paired and suggested others do the same. I suspect by the time Bosch get around to doing anything (again after them doing such a 1/2 @rsed job) I'll have moved to a non bosch ecosystem on my next E-MTB so debating if the effort is worth it.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I raised the issue the 1st time around with a support ticket regarding getting garmin/similar devices paired and suggested others do the same. I suspect by the time Bosch get around to doing anything (again after them doing such a 1/2 @rsed job) I'll have moved to a non bosch ecosystem on my next E-MTB so debating if the effort is worth it.
Yea, Not sure I'd stick with Bosch for my next bike.
Seems like one guy works on the Flow app in his spare time with how little updates and features it gets.
In the reviews for the flow app on android it seems like a lot of them are complaints that Bosch abandoned the non smart system app.

Seems like Bosch love to make everything obsolete.
as soon as the next motor comes out the smart system will probably be replaced by something else, none of the next series of batteries will be backwords compatible etc

Maybe the grass isn't greener elsewhere But I don't feel like Bosch earnt any loyalty from me, and I'm concerned how for long replacement CX motors and batteries that fit this bike will be available for.

I think I've owned my bike almost a year now and the flow app probably had 2 decent updates in that time adding stuff which should have been included in the first place.

We used to have to put any planned rides on the komoot website and then let the flow app sync rides from there FFS....
whos idea was it that you shouldn't store routes locally in the app? and you'd need a mobile phone signal to load a route?

EMTB probably not near a phone signal are we? seems they finally let people add a route from a local file though.

Scuirus

Jul 12, 2023
Norway
I'm afraid this update only works on bosch systems that are 'smart', my 2023 cube stereo, for example, is not 'smart'.
As far as I'm aware all 2023 Stereo's should have the Smart System, in 2022 only the 750Wh version had it. Are you sure your bike is 2023?

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
As far as I'm aware all 2023 Stereo's should have the Smart System, in 2022 only the 750Wh version had it. Are you sure your bike is 2023?
You are right, my bike is 2022. Time is running fast these days… 😉

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hello.

I´m in a Cube TM 2023 and made the upgrade. Regarding the modes I have now two emtb modes visible in the APP (neither one with mention to shortcranks) . Also no Auto mode.
Well, I tought could be a nice option if we could have 2 emtb modes with diferente parameters, but no (good sugestion to Bosch if someone could reach them) .
I have selected the 2 at same time , and bike system acept it, but wen I change parameters in the APP in one off them , both modes are afeted/replicated the same.
Anyone experienced the same? Is this only on Cube or any other experience the same?

8bit Barry

Jan 10, 2024
Devon
I have a Cube 2023 Actionteam - I have the following modes available. Its a CX Smart System.

I was having a lot of issues with pairing the app to Strava, but this latest update seems to fix all the connectivity issues with that, so I am giving that bit a thumbs up. As I mainly ride trails / country roads the AUTO mode has been superb, so I have to give it all a thumbs up.

How long this will last I don't know. I have always thought about battery life / replacement batteries / system support with such a fast moving pace of tech / systems / upgrades. After reading your comments I just hope this support will continue.

IMG_4511.PNG

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Regarding the modes I have now two emtb modes visible in the APP (neither one with mention to shortcranks)
This is a known bug in the Android version of the Flow App. Bosch has promised a fix for the next update.

One is the regular eMTB mode, the other is the short crank version. The order is different on different bikes, therefore you don’t know which is which.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I was having a lot of issues with pairing the app to Strava, but this latest update seems to fix all the connectivity issues with that, so I am giving that bit a thumbs up.

Right on. I've been using the upgraded app since Day 1, and it hasn't once failed to record a ride properly. Even Strava would glitch out on occasion. The other observation is that the Flow App doesn't use as much battery. My only "complaint," if it an be called that, is that the app doesn't run independently on my Apple Watch. Considering all that the app does, I don't expect to see that happen any time soon.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
This is a known bug in the Android version of the Flow App. Bosch has promised a fix for the next update.

One is the regular eMTB mode, the other is the short crank version. The order is different on different bikes, therefore you don’t know which is which.
You can identify with is the original, acording to Km/milage donne in each mode.

Hiltix

Mar 28, 2023
Bern, Switzerland
With the App Update I had also an Update for the Bike System. Race mode on my Voima has now become even snappier. Apart from that, I haven't noticed any major differences, except for the freely selectable modes. But I was already happy with that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles