Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Bosch have updated their Flow App and ebike system with a decent update. I've been testing it for a few weeks:

- Can now pair Garmin as a Heart Rate Monitor (and display Heart Rate on KIOX)
- Can now choose modes on the bike (Tour+ / Auto / Turbo etc) no longer need to go to a dealer to do this
- New DYNAMIC display mode on KIOX, it changes the display dynamically if you are descending / climbing / standstill

Full Update:

Whether belt, band or smartwatch: heart rate monitor in the smart system The community has spoken - and we've listened to you: A popular feature is now coming to the smart system. With immediate effect, you can connect your heart rate monitor to your eBike via Bluetooth and track your heart rate on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 while riding.

To connect, you use the eBike Flow app. Here's how it works: For example, have your chest strap ready, go to the eBike Flow app settings under "My eBike" > "eBike Pass" > "Components" and add your new device. Please note that the device must be in connection mode to be paired. In addition, you must actively add this new screen on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 - via the "Display configuration" function under "My eBike".

Uphill, downhill: Discover the elevation graph of your next ride With immediate effect, you can keep an eye on the elevation graph of your current ride on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 and be pleased with what you have already achieved. While you navigate, your display also shows you which ascents and recovery phases await you.

The new "Elevation" screen can also be added in the eBike Flow app using the "Display configuration" function under "My eBike". And don't forget: there must always be a connection between the phone and eBike in order to utilise the benefits of this function.

Favourite riding modes - put together what suits you best.
With this update, we give you the opportunity to put together your four favourite modes from all the riding modes available for your eBike - and customise them as usual. Instead of the economical Eco mode, you can use the Auto mode, for example, which automatically adapts the support to the environmental conditions.

You can find this new function on the home screen or in the settings of the eBike Flow app under "Individual riding modes". Turn support into motivation. New displays for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500: "Use of riding modes" and "Power share"

Two new screens for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500 now show you how you are doing on your current ride. Simply select the appropriate riding mode while riding and you will see how your own performance compares to the motor support. To see the "power distribution" in percent in the display, use the screen of the same name.

Maybe this will motivate you to achieve your fitness goal next time with less support from the electric motor. You add the new screens using the display configuration function under "My eBike".

Navigate flexibly while riding: Quick Menu for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500

You can customise destinations by starting navigation to one of your most recent destinations. You can also stop your currently active navigation. To do this, hold down the selection button of the LED Remote, Mini Remote or Purion 200 for longer than one second without removing your phone from your pocket.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
Have they added support for sending data to Garmin Edge or other bluetooth/ANT+ device like Shimano, Specialized, Mahle etc. do?

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Maybe I'll try it again when they come out with a new version of the app or firmware
Today Bosch made an updated version of the Flow app available. This includes major improvements like ability to connect heart rate straps, ability to select any four of all existing drive modes without the need to see an LBS, new screens for Kiox 300 and 500 and some more.

You might want to give it a try.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Is there any advantage if you just have a frame mounted system controller with no displays and no interest in connecting to a phone or any other device?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Very cool. Thanks for the heads-up. As soon as I read your post, I had to go down to the garage and install the update. Hopefully the ride tracking will work better for me.

It appears that the new firmware will add some functionality to the Kiox display. I get my speed and distance from an old-school Cateye. I'm still not sold on getting a Kiox, but I'm tempted. New gadgets are cool.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Today Bosch made an updated version of the Flow app available.

Thanks. I saw Rob's (the other Rob) post and immediately installed it. I'm curious about whether I should get a Kiox. The only things I MUST have are speed and distance, but elevation and heart rate would be nice.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob is this update available to everyone or have you got it early
The newest I can find is 1.17.2
General release is today - might take a while to propagate over the App Store:

iOS:

IMG_2450.jpeg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
@Rob Rides EMTB - Thank you for bringing it in a general Bosch Update topic. 👍 Maybe you can delete the „2024“ from the header so that we can use it for all future updates?

Hi Rob is this update available to everyone or have you got it early
The newest I can find is 1.17.2
New update here in Germany for App and System. Assistance modes can now be selected by app, o need to go to shop.

iOS app: 1.18.6 (124)
LED Remote 10.12.3
Drive unit 9.13
Battery 10.8.2
Kiox300 10.10.0

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ve updated my app and now have ‘auto’ installed in place of ‘eco’

There’s also an ‘emtb-short cranks’ mode 😀

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Thanks. I saw Rob's (the other Rob) post and immediately installed it. I'm curious about whether I should get a Kiox. The only things I MUST have are speed and distance, but elevation and heart rate would be nice.
These are on my custom Kiox screen. Speed, Mode (be default), heart rate and Distance. Of course you can find anything else by pressing L or R on the remote.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
There are some modes for the race motor and townie bikes that aren’t available to me. After reading up on them, it doesn’t matter. The modes that are best suited for my bike and its intended use are available. Despite the new choices, the old modes are still the best for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles