Bosch CX gen 4 suddenly no assistance (broken?)

Pascal K

Aug 24, 2020
Liechtenstein
A problem suddenly and completely unexpectedly occurred today with my Mondraker Level 2023 with Bosch CX Gen 4. While driving up the mountain, there was suddenly no more pedal assistant and the engine revved up as if it were empty. There wasn't a steep climb or any other cracking noise from which I could have concluded that something has broken. I then tried all driving modes, turned it off and on again, performed a reset, all without success. Luckily nothing blocked so I was at least able to pedal home without motor support. It seems as if a clutch is going empty or, for example, a gear no longer has any teeth and is no longer engaging, but as I said, this happened without notice or any noise. The error code was then on the display - error 523001, which I believe actually points to the speed sensor. I can only imagine that the system was confused because the engine revved up empty but the wheel rotated normally, because when I continued to drive without assistance, the speed was displayed correct. Is there anything else I can try or does the bike have to go to the dealer? It's just not around the corner :)

bazxa

Jan 18, 2022
Heathcote NSW Australia
Unfortunately it sounds like a dealer job. We can't buy parts,very annoying. There is an English guy that posts and supplies bearing kits he may have some info on his site, Ill re post if I find a link. Good luck

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles