Bosch Gen 4 stopped assisting

Luisprida21

Jun 12, 2020
Dominican Republic
Hi,

I recently bought an Orbea Wild FS with bosch gen 4 motor. First couple of runs worked fine after a couple of runs kiosk display did not showed battery percentage nor speed and stopped assisting. Kept pedaling and after a while it started assisting again and it kept going on and off all the way home. Took it to the dealer, and no error displayed on the computer. The day after everything was fine and started riding and the same thing happened. It's a pretty new bike only 590 km ridden.

Attached picture from kiosk display.

Thanks for the help

20201128_215640.jpg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Mate had exactly that on his brand new Trek rail.
Turned out to be the Kiox lead which connects to the motor had been crushed between the motor and the bash guard.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Sorry for my ignorance. My english is not good. What do you mean by Bash guard? and the kiosk lead you mean the cable that goes to the motor?
Yes the kiox has a lead that goes all the way down to the motor where it plugs in.
In my mates case this lead had been crushed between the bottom of the motor and a metal protective plate that stops the bottom of the motor hitting obstacles on the trail while riding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles