Bosch connect ascent and descent

sico

Dec 5, 2020
Melbourne
Wondering if anyone knows how to get the Bosch connect app to display ascent and descent in post ride stats?

Screenshot_20210107-173607.png

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
It’s a pain isn’t it.

I log on online and then export to Strava. That will give you the ascent. So it just goes to show how rubbish, inept or lazy Bosch are will regards to it as the information is obviously there.

Likewise let me know if and when you figure it out.

Jeffrey

Jul 29, 2020
Switzerland
Same here. I think the value come only if you have a barometer sensor in the phone.

The problematic with GPS height is it's not enough accurate to measure ascent and descent. Example: if you ride on a flat road, the GPS height always fluctuate up to +/- 30m over the path. At the end this makes the ascent/descent sum pretty wrong.

When you export the ride on Strava, first you get an ascent/descent based on the GPS points which can be wrong. If you use the 'Correct elevation' button then Strava re-calculate the real GPS height points using data from other peoples with barometer recording (barometer height are much accurate than GPS).

1610058802533.png

On my rides, I sometimes get ascent differences more than 500m between the GPS calculation and the Strava re-calculated value. When comparing to the real ascent (using a map, level curves and doing manually the addition), the Strava value is always closer.

Details on how Strava calculate the ascent here: Elevation for Your Activity

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles