No routes on eBike Connect?

AlliumPorrum

Aug 17, 2020
Finland
Does anyone know why I can't see routes on any of my activities on eBike Connect?? I have the "Store gelolocation data" setting ON, if it makes any difference...?

20201030_125755000_iOS.png

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
What controller do you have ?

If a Kiox, did it establish the bt connection with your phone before setting off. The Kiox has no GPS capability on its own, its all done by your phone assuming it has made a connection with the bike.

AlliumPorrum

Aug 17, 2020
Finland
Yes, I have Kiox. I actually don't know if it established connection before setting off, but shouldn't it always do it automatically once paired?

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
Yes, I have Kiox. I actually don't know if it established connection before setting off, but shouldn't it always do it automatically once paired?

In theory yes but does not always. What I have found to work on most occasions is to start the ebike connect app on your phone and then switch on the kiox within a few seconds. You can check on the Kiox to see if it has made the connection after it has started up [should show phone battery level if connection made] The connection status can also be checked within the app on your phone.

Sometimes it does not need the ebike connect app to be started, particularly if it has recently been switched on and used. Bosch software seems to have a lot of odd quirks.

Note this is with the Kiox software 3.0.1.0

Hope this helps.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
^
works for me too.
I do tend to forget to start the app, and feel stupid when half the ride info is missing at the end.

Fortunately, the ebike connect stuff is secondary as I use a Garmin Edge Explore and Garmin Connect as my primary source of ride stats/mapping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles