How to analyse ebike-connect data and how do modes work?

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
This is a bit off-topic but I am sure I am not the only one to wonder about this topics...

in the app and on the website a lot of information is shown, such as geographical coordinates, cadence, altitude, speed, and contribution to power vs. time. This can be exported, for each ride, to a tcx file.

Now, I am looking for a s/w tool to convert such .tcx files into a table of values that can be imported for example by a spreadsheet (the native "xml" excel import function doesn't seem to correctly interpret the Bosch data format). I can write it but maybe something already exists for a Mac (not Windows) or Linux?

I would also be curious about the logic behind the various settings, i.e., exactly how the engine management system decides to give some power contribution depending on the mode, cadence, torque, etc.. Anyone knows about a reliable source about this?

Simple curiosity, but also an attempt to extrapolate a model based on MY personal data, and not on an abstract formula. My aim is to calculate the range on a certain path.

Thanks in advance to anyone may help.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles