Bolt problem

Jun 15, 2021
sussex
what is the actual problem? The bolts have thread locker on them so after you have loosened it they will still rotate, you'll have to hold the allen key to undo it. I wouldn't recommend using a torque wrench to undo bolts either.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
That's a pivot on your Horst Link Suspension.

Stick with me here, and turn on your 3D geometry visualization skills.

Consider a square ? that you make out of four bars, with a pivot at each corner. Your square isn't rigid, and you can push or pull it into a parallelogram. See what I mean?

Now what happens if we weld one of the pivots so it's solid? None of the other pivots will pivot. They'll be solid, too! You you MUST have four pivots for it to work. Three won't do it.

Your bike suspension is similar. It has pivots to allow the wheel to move up and down, and for the shock to compress. The pivot in your video allows the suspension to move. If it was solid, you'd have a hardtail... sort of.

Sand0kan

Dec 12, 2019
Netherlands
what is the actual problem? The bolts have thread locker on them so after you have loosened it they will still rotate, you'll have to hold the allen key to undo it. I wouldn't recommend using a torque wrench to undo bolts either.

Well on the other side i cannot rotate the bolt that easy. Would some perhaps check on their Decoy if it does the sam or that it is hard to rotate the bolt?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles