Bike parks

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
What bike parks have you been to and what did you think of them. These are mine.
Coed y Brenin
A great day out with so many trails of different degrees. On site cafe, bike shop, showers and toilets, bike wash etc. you pay for parking which is good as this pays towards maintaining the trails.
417 Fly up
On bird lip hill near Cheltenham some Good runs with a lot of berms, some jump lines but all over to quick. Pump track in a barn. I visited in the winter and the cafe was closed, bike shop empty but I had a good time. The pedal up was easy. Would like to go there in the summer when trails were dry.
Dirt Farm. (Was Black mountain bike centre)
Dirt farm at Abergavenny is a full on downhill park. Ride up or uplift. Again I rode up. Small car park, food van on weekends and a small container with a few parts. The trails are awesome and on the three times I went there they were so fast being last year in that heat wave so all the trails were bone dry. Only bad thing I have to say about it is the price. It’s so expensive for an Ebike even just a day ticket with push up starts at £25 in the week. The price differance between Ebike and clock work bikes is to much.
Llandegla
My playground for this season being only half an hour away. No uplift service just a long pedal up but not hard just long. Some great trails with a bit of everything. Pump track, skills area, freeride area, bike wash, cafe and bike shop. £5 to park and extra passengers £2 each which is all very good value.

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Too many to list but my favourites in UK are Dyfi, Revolution (RIP), Dirt Farm, Innerleithen, bike park wales.

Only just seen Dirt Farm have added e-bikes, £25 for the day. I don't think it's actually that bad when a normal bike is £16. You get so much more riding in and it's faster than getting the uplift at half the price.
There are lots of great places you can ride for free though!

withersea

Apr 2, 2023
Leeds, UK
Love Bike Park Wales, never ridden an eeb there, but maybe later this year I will.

Coed is where my love for mountain biking started, so it has a place on my top three.

Ae is great, especially the last part of the ride.

I ride Gisburn a lot as it is near by and Hully Gully always makes a rider smile!

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
BPW for me
There's other trail centres obviously but out and out bike parks BPW is the top for me there's just so much choice no matter what mood your in or how brave you feel on the day also the weather doesn't have a massive effect on the trails in general .

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Dyfi was amazing, if you enjoy BPW this is the next step in fun.
Pretty much been all over the UK, one of the most scary but fun places was Golspie and to tick a box was getting down Fort Bill.

I'm from the South east so pretty flat, but if you're into a bit of jumpy stuff, Twisted Oaks is hard to beat, from kerb sized to world-class sized jumps.

But if you go through my channel, you'll see most places :)

Over here in the US, our "bike parks" tend to be the summer operations of ski resorts. There are tons of them back east (Vermont is off the hook), but they are a little more sparse out west, in part due to the prevalence of public land out here. The ones I've been to:

CALIFORNIA (lift-serviced):
  • Northstar: Probably the oldest and best known bike park in California. Northstar has good long trails, and lots of vertical drop. It's been a few years since I went, but I always enjoyed it. And I hear they have been building it up in recent years.
  • Bear Valley: My home mountain. They started lift-serviced mountain biking in 2022 after finally getting the US Forest Service to issue permits for 3 trails. They did a very good job of building features in their first year, and will continue it with several trails going through various approvals. This resort nicely ties in with several surrounding trail systems, which is awesome if you have an eBike. Bonus: want to see me crash my Norco Sight at Bear? Check this out:
  • Dodge Ridge: Another new-for-2022 bike park, Dodge built 2 1/2 trails and has a very favorable layout for future trails. It also ties into the local trail system for shuttle and other riding opportunities.
  • Mammoth Mountain: Maybe the biggest bike park in CA, and one of my favorites. Mammoth is unique: the geography, volcanic soil, and bike park layout make it very different in many good ways. eBikes excel here, as there are many traversing opportunities...and having a motor makes that more enjoyable at high altitude. There are pro lines, beginner/progression runs, and more. You'll also see a lot of concrete lattice pavers because the volcanic soil doesn't pack into berms well. And they build lots of interesting wooden features, like this unique berm:
    Mammoth-Bike-Park_Wall-Ride.jpeg
  • Big Bear/Snow Summit: One of the best I've ridden. Big Bear is one of the closest to the Los Angeles area, and has a long history of mountain biking and a very mature bike park. Two lifts on the Snow Summit side service a variety of trails with lots of great dirt and wood features. There's even a pro line, as well as two incredible sequential wall rides:
    2019-06-01-ss-jm-dallasdunn-lancenelson-1-jpg.jpg
NOTE: Many of these high altitude California resorts won't open until very late in 2023, due to the record snowpack. Some may not open at all.

CALIFORNIA (non-lift-serviced):
  • Camp Tamarancho: Fantastic property in Marin County with a great Flow Trail and the best beer & brats at the end of the ride.
  • Stafford Lake Bike Park: Municipal park with a dual slalom course and a jump track.
  • Lake Cunningham Action Sports Park: Lots of features to practice on, dirt jumps, and a dual slalom course.
  • Soquel Demo Forest: Demonstration forests are a sort of proving ground for our state fire agency, where a forest area is used for multiple things like MTB. This one has had many great bike trails built in it for decades, with sponsorship from local trail organizations and manufacturers...like Ibis and Santa Cruz Bicycles.
  • Arnold Rim Trail System: Another local for me. 30,000 acres of federally-owned land, and we've been building bike park like features here...slowly.
VERMONT (lift-serviced):
  • Killington: The best I've personally ridden. Very good design, with lots of progression built in. They typically operate two lifts, one that serves more introductory terrain and one that serves big stuff like Black Magic. Amazing tabletops, berms, and other features combine with hero dirt to make this place very compelling.
  • Mount Snow: A Vail-owned resort (like Whistler, Northstar, and others). They downsized this bike park in recent years but it's still very fun. I got to hit the place two years ago just after a rain and had the entire park to myself for 2+ hours.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles