Bike Parks Uk

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Risca Bike Park, on the other side of the hill at CwmCarn, is indeed mega. It's a tiring climb back up, but not a problem on an ebike. The trails are brilliant - steep in places and quite techy too. Once you're ready for lunch/home, ride back along the canal to the car park at Cwmcarn.

My favourite area to ride is Golfie and Thornielee, in the Scottish Borders. Amazing trails, being nearly all steep, rooty tech. In my opinion, they are better than the majority of the trails at the bike parks, but probably because I'm not a fan of jumpy trails.

Revolution Bike Park was amazing, and I hope they make a comeback. Their Far Side track, was one of the best, anywhere.

And a shout out for Torridon. Those massive rocks with amazing grip. A must.
Where in Torridon did you ride im curious.

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Where in Torridon did you ride im curious.
We did a few loops in the area. The main one brought us back down into Torridon, the last section over huge, grippy rocks, with a view of the Loch below. We got lucky with stunning weather and clear skies. Watch McTrail Rider's visit on YouTube, and check out MBR too.

Am hoping to be there in May, this time on my ebike. If anyone is around.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dax

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
We did a few loops in the area. The main one brought us back down into Torridon, the last section over huge, grippy rocks, with a view of the Loch below. We got lucky with stunning weather and clear skies. Watch McTrail Rider's visit on YouTube.
I tried Coulags to Annat on a ordinary bike in the rain many years ago and didn't get far very wet though. Got an invite from Hodge for a ride there in May. Just I imagine there would be some bike packing on trails there . Rough stuff eats a battery up quickly as well I notice. Thanks will check that out.

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
I tried Coulags to Annat on a ordinary bike in the rain many years ago and didn't get far very wet though. Got an invite from Hodge for a ride there in May. Just I imagine there would be some bike packing on trails there . Rough stuff eats a battery up quickly as well I notice. Thanks will check that out.
It was 2018 when we last visited, but I don't recall much hike a bike at all. I remember it being glorious, although a difficult, tiring climb.

Anyone about mid 16th/17th May, I'm alone in the area and happy to ride with anyone.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It was 2018 when we last visited, but I don't recall much hike a bike at all. I remember it being glorious, although a difficult, tiring climb.

Anyone about mid 16th/17th May, I'm alone in the area and happy to ride with anyone.
The main one brought us back down into Torridon, the last section over huge, grippy rocks, with a view of the Loch below. We got lucky with stunning weather and clear skies. Watch McTrail Rider's visit on YouTube, and check out MBR too.

That Torridon loop is the one i tried i started from 5 on the map and got to 25. Heavy rain and slippery put me off the rest i didnt try for long to be honest . I ended up cycling the rest of the way round on the road a long day it was. Ive walked it a couple of times many moons ago . Some fast riding Mc Trail is doing as it is pretty rough . The one of them going in behind Beinn Eighe is rough as a badgers.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
We did a few loops in the area. The main one brought us back down into Torridon, the last section over huge, grippy rocks, with a view of the Loch below. We got lucky with stunning weather and clear skies. Watch McTrail Rider's visit on YouTube, and check out MBR too.

8 of us are there in May 10th -14th ..my 4th visit over the years originally in 2010 when the area was just starting to get a reputation ..
The drop you are talking about is down from Bealach -na-Lice to Annat ..and it's a beaut 😍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles