Bike Parks Uk

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
whats wrong with cannock - I had planned on going there on the way to somewhere else later in the year...

We went for a day at Cannock and weren’t too impressed, it’s just a long XC trail centre peddle with a few tasty descents, but not worth driving to especially.

However, we then discovered Stile Cop, and had a right blast. Definitely worth a visit if in the area:

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I wish that Kent had more options, Bedgebury is my go to here...I am returning to Wales in spring though
bull track
bluebell hill chatham
boxley +westfield woods - near maidstone (crazy steep)
warley (essex but close)
cyclopark in gravesend (pretty crap)

Last edited:

SP5657

Oct 25, 2022
Kent
bull track
bluebell hill chatham
boxley +westfield woods - near maidstone (crazy steep)
warley (essex but close)
cyclopark in gravesend (pretty crap)
Thanks, have done bluebell and Boxley, not tried Westfield woods though. Saw cyclopark and thought it was like a snooker table :-D, where is the Bull track?

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Thanks, have done bluebell and Boxley, not tried Westfield woods though. Saw cyclopark and thought it was like a snooker table :-D, where is the Bull track?
westfield woods is pretty extreme. Doesn't do well in the wet though. Wont be usable until probably april or may I'd say. Similar with BBH.

Bull track is in crowborough near tunbridge wells. https://thebulltrack.co.uk/

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I lost the love for BPW, too busy and expensive for the type of riding I enjoy. Too much willy-waving in the queues too lol

but like I said on Sunday, ride up, don't do the uplift and it becomes a very enjoyable, chilled out, do your own thing kind of day. I hated getting on the uplift, but riding up changes it completely and you stay away from all the crowds......

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
but like I said on Sunday, ride up, don't do the uplift and it becomes a very enjoyable, chilled out, do your own thing kind of day. I hated getting on the uplift, but riding up changes it completely and you stay away from all the crowds......
My plan was to Eeb it this weekend as my lad is there with team/coach, so i was flying solo. But then a mate jumped on it who's on his manual, so i got the uplift. TBH i don't mind it at all, i've done it dozens of times.

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
yeah, its all personal preference. I had more fun for less money riding up with the eeb.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
i enjoy the climb up on an e bike, Forget the name of section up through the woods, Stop off to loop Popty ping few times, Great for dialing a new bike, or Getting confidence back on safe jumps. Then the top only few minutes climb away.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
My plan was to Eeb it this weekend as my lad is there with team/coach, so i was flying solo. But then a mate jumped on it who's on his manual, so i got the uplift. TBH i don't mind it at all, i've done it dozens of times.
Pretty sure they hire e bikes, trek rails i think

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
i enjoy the climb up on an e bike, Forget the name of section up through the woods, Stop off to loop Popty ping few times, Great for dialing a new bike, or Getting confidence back on safe jumps. Then the top only few minutes climb away.
Beast of Burden

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
but like I said on Sunday, ride up, don't do the uplift and it becomes a very enjoyable,

Apart from having to ride up that damn hill.

Less risk of getting Covid/trenchfoot than in the van thou

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Bikeparks at the weekends are my kind of hell. Too busy.
Fortunately I decided to take early retirement so can ride any day of the week I choose when the sun is out.😁
I ride with my boy who's still at school so can only be when he's not at school. Well, i say 'ride with' that's a very loose term these days as we're very very different levels of skill

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Bikeparks at the weekends are my kind of hell. Too busy.
Fortunately I decided to take early retirement so can ride any day of the week I choose when the sun is out.😁
That would be my worry in a busy park. Im not used to folk behind me. My Tarland trip Tuesday was ideal nobody there at 8 30 and 5 cars when I came back.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
That would be my worry in a busy park. Im not used to folk behind me. My Tarland trip Tuesday was ideal nobody there at 8 30 and 5 cars when I came back.
You'd be surprised, last time i rode Dyfi i was with the Athertons, Kerr, Dunne, Partland, Seagraves etc on busses all day... You don't see anyone on the trails, unless you want to. You take 30s for a gap in front and it's desolate behind you... BPW is the same even with more people and bigger buses, you just don't see them. I'm far from fast but i don't recall the last time anyone caught me up (apart from my son)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
You'd be surprised, last time i rode Dyfi i was with the Athertons, Kerr, Dunne, Partland, Seagraves etc on busses all day... You don't see anyone on the trails, unless you want to. You take 30s for a gap in front and it's desolate behind you... BPW is the same even with more people and bigger buses, you just don't see them. I'm far from fast but i don't recall the last time anyone caught me up (apart from my son)
Ok when I was at Glentress it was empty as well . In fact most of the ones I have done I haven't met much people.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
When I broke my ribs at BPW it was at least 5 minutes before anyone came down the trail.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
Bpw on a monday or friday (not school holidays) is quiet, sundays are not too bad either as it seems long-distance visitors drive home on sundays:unsure:

hopefully🤞

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

e-pedalup is good as you can loop sections and not governed by uplift taking you to a central point with distance to your chosen trail

there are plenty of 'hidden' fireroad links to the interesting areas:p

Rich.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
When I broke my ribs at BPW it was at least 5 minutes before anyone came down the trail.
That's the thing as well I mostly ride alone so walk some bits I know I'm well capable of. But you can fall on the simplest of trails easier on a Ebike I have found. Remember about to do Ayres rock in Laggan 5pm on my own I thought really and missed it . Still be lying there in the morning.

Zagora

Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes Riviera
The best thing about Cannock is the road out…

If I lived nearby I’d still drive to FoD for a ride…
There's some great riding at Cannock but it's not easy to find and is well away from the red and blue runs.
Lots of off piste from Penkridge Bank Road.
The worst thing is the fees they charge for parking.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Cwmcarn is very similar, The main trails are a bit batytered now, But the off piste the risca riders have cut through it all are mega

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Risca Bike Park, on the other side of the hill at CwmCarn, is indeed mega. It's a tiring climb back up, but not a problem on an ebike. The trails are brilliant - steep in places and quite techy too. Once you're ready for lunch/home, ride back along the canal to the car park at Cwmcarn.

My favourite area to ride is Golfie and Thornielee, in the Scottish Borders. Amazing trails, being nearly all steep, rooty tech. In my opinion, they are better than the majority of the trails at the bike parks, but probably because I'm not a fan of jumpy trails.

Revolution Bike Park was amazing, and I hope they make a comeback. Their Far Side track, was one of the best, anywhere.

And a shout out for Torridon. Those massive rocks with amazing grip. A must.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles