Bike Parks Uk

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
What would be the top ten 🤔 bike parks in UK if you were doing a grand tour. Often thought of doing this but Maureen always said I am a dreamer. Sorry if this is posted all wrong but you know what I'm asking. Forget the poll just throw in a list if you're interested.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
What would be the top ten 🤔 bike parks in UK if you were doing a grand tour. Often thought of doing this but Maureen always said I am a dreamer. Sorry if this is posted all wrong but
My Top 10. (in no particular order)

1) Coed y Brenin
2) Llandegla
3) Afan
4) Glentress
5) Fort William
6) CwmCarn
7) Cannock
8) Twisted Oaks
9) Chicksands
10) Swinley (but only because its been "fixed")

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
In no particular order,and assuming by bike park you mean places where an uplift is available, as opposed to trail centre where you might ride cross country loops.

Bike park wales
Antur stiniog
Dyfi bikepark
Innerleithen on an uplift day
Fort william

Struggling to think of 10....

Last edited:

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Depends what you like and ride.
BikeParkWales is epic and has everything from blue to double-crazy
Places like Rogate, Windhill, Tidworth are more jumpy.
Slate is the predominant thing at Antur Stiniog, Dyfi similar and crazier, then Fort William is rocks, boulders and crazy.
Forest of Dean is roots/dirt and ace fun, Cannock is more blue/red, like Sherwood Pines.

For me, BPW is the number 1 choice, i'm there on Sat actually. I've ridden there lots and will ride more in the future.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Bike park wales has got to be close to the top in the uk, It has everything, It's a must do..
Black mountain bike park has some mega runs too, Fast burmy type, extra psi keep ur tyres on the rim..
Forest of dean worth a look also

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Depends what you like and ride.
BikeParkWales is epic and has everything from blue to double-crazy
Places like Rogate, Windhill, Tidworth are more jumpy.
Slate is the predominant thing at Antur Stiniog, Dyfi similar and crazier, then Fort William is rocks, boulders and crazy.
Forest of Dean is roots/dirt and ace fun, Cannock is more blue/red, like Sherwood Pines.

For me, BPW is the number 1 choice, i'm there on Sat actually. I've ridden there lots and will ride more in the future.
Be all day google mapping where they are. I presume everywhere has a variety but I could be so wrong.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
BPW Merthyr, Bearded woman... Pretty sure theres still a few dinosaur out there.. Cwmcarn only half hour away from BPW and they have them wooden cabin camping there, Cwmcarn got a weeks work of riding and its free too

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
BPW Merthyr, Bearded woman... Pretty sure theres still a few dinosaur out there.. Cwmcarn only half hour away from BPW and they have them wooden cabin camping there, Cwmcarn got a weeks work of riding and its free too
I have done BPW and Cwmcarn one weekend on my mtb. I would happily do BPW again on an mtb, despite my dodgy knees. But Cwmcarn has to be on an ebike. It's a fantastic trail, but there is a lot of climbing (repaid of course with lots of natural feeling descending).

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

Is there an uplift at Cwmcarn? Mint riding at Risca.

BPW, BMCC/Dirt Farm and 417 Project are the only uk bike parks I’ve ridden. BPW and Dirt Farm are epic, 417 is a waste of time.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Dyfi is easily the best bike park in the UK, mainly because...
Dyfi has 3 gradings
1. death
2. complete death
3. oh, you're so dead :)

Dirt Farm (New name for Black Mountain Cycle Centre > Antur Stiniog
Antur > BPW
BPW > 417

FoD has some great riding but isn't a bike park.
Cannock is a pimple on the arsehole of the universe.
CyB is dull as ditchwater.
Cwm Carn is OK, Risca is supposed to be good but haven't ridden it yet.

There's some great riding in Scotland...

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Antur > BPW
BPW > 417

I'm well rid in Scotland . Just fancy a road trip probably a mix of Bike parks and other stuff. There is so much on offer it is scary . Thanks

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I should have went to lanberis last year for 5 days in September for £10 a night with my club but forecast not good . Mucked up big style it turned out OK.

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
For me the best places I've ridden are

BPW
Dirt farm
Innerleithen
Glentress
Laggan
Fort William
Wharncliffe / greno

They arent all bike parks as such but I've had great rides at each of them.

DyFi is on my to do list this year

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Dyfi is possibly the best place I've ridden in the UK. The trails just flow and work, even for non-jumpers like me, you can get down the non-black diamond trails. All I would say is, if it's damp, it's slippery as hell. But if you're coming from Scotland, it will seem dry anyway.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK

Antur > BPW
BPW > 417

whats wrong with cannock - I had planned on going there on the way to somewhere else later in the year...

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
whats wrong with cannock - I had planned on going there on the way to somewhere else later in the year...
Its a bit flat. If you live locally its fine for a blast around if you dotn want to travel far, but I wouldnt travel from very far away specifically to ride it.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Okeford bikepark been mentioned? Steepness you usually have to visit Wales for.
Very underrated uplift bikepark in Dorset, probably because its awkward to get to.

Other favourites of mine, especially since getting an ebike, tidworth, rogate, windhill, astonhill(rip), cwmcarn DH track, dirt farm, caersws, dyfi, revs(rip) and stiniog.
I need to head further north this year, Danny harts place looks really good.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles