Bike Parks?

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I’ve never been to one but I hope to rectify that as soon as the weather improves.
I’ve watched countless Brendog/Deakin etc videos but they always seem to have the place to themselves!
Surely this can’t be the case?
Am I going to be disappointed due to overcrowding/bad etiquette etc?
Presumably mid week is best?
Do I need to book?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Most trails are far quieter mid week and generally on quieter midweek days at uplifted bike parks/DH tracks private group uplift service is available to book.
Youtube Vloggers/influencers and pro riders are often privy to hospitailty a general punter wouldn't be. for obvious reasons.

Call the bikepark.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I go to Forest of Dean a lot although I'm not sure it's accurate to call it a "bike park", it's more of a trail centre with a few down hill routes of varying degrees of difficulty. It's also free apart from the quite expensive parking which can be alleviated significantly by purchasing a season ticket. It's usually heaving at weekend so I try and stick to weekdays most of the time. Having said that it's amazing how the crowds disappear once you are on the trail and there are plenty of off piste trails.

Al

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I go to Coed Y Brenin a lot. In the week it’s not very often I see anybody out on the trails, weekends the car park could be heaving but the trails are pretty empty when you get out in them. (y) Even quieter at 7am.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles