Bafang m820

Olafmetal

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Assuming a comparable price point and parts availability I'd purchase an XL frame. The reach, HA, and stack are looking much better on this one. I was considering getting a E11 frame from1can but they haven't ever listed the 20.5 inch frame for sale.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Can anyone confirm the mounting pattern of M820 is the same then M500/510/600?
I think the mount is different. The motor is smaller. But we can always install it on the E10 frame using good hands and a good tool. I have already ordered the M820, it will arrive in 2 months. I want to try to install it on E10 and test it.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
I think the mount is different. The motor is smaller. But we can always install it on the E10 frame using good hands and a good tool. I have already ordered the M820, it will arrive in 2 months. I want to try to install it on E10 and test it.
I might be wrong but I think m820 will only work with bafang batteries (special BMS). I know there's a CAN protocol implemented between the controller and the battery bms

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I might be wrong but I think m820 will only work with bafang batteries (special BMS). I know there's a CAN protocol implemented between the controller and the battery bms
I dont't know more than you, but i know the M series have also CAN communication with bafang batteries. Thay don't avoid to use another batteries, you just don't have information on battery using (nb of charging cycle, capcity, etc..).

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
It seems that a frame will be available with the possibility of ordering it with the motor and two types of battery, with a 170mm fork and a 150mm shock absorber. Any news about it.
Screenshot_20221227_212105_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221227_212125_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221227_205201_Alibabacom.jpg

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
The frame CEF50
Shipping to Europe

¤¤¤ Frame only $726 ¤Frame+motor+battery= $1770
¤¤¤ The shipping cost is 308 USD by air with DDP service( door to door and include customs tax)20days
¤¤¤ Ship by boat is 202 USD with DDP service( door to door and includes customs tax), 40days
They are also supposed to be the manufacturers of this frame (actually like everyone according to them)

¤¤ it is avaiable around end of Feb 2023
¤¤ the highest capacity is heavier than the bafang battery 1.2kg.

The Tantacycling frame will be released before this one. lightcarbon at the moment seems to be delayed.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The frame CEF50
Shipping to Europe

¤¤¤ The shipping cost is 308 USD by air with DDP service( door to door and include customs tax)20days
¤¤¤ Ship by boat is 202 USD with DDP service( door to door and includes customs tax), 40days
They are also supposed to be the manufacturers of this frame (actually like everyone according to them)

The Tantacycling frame will be released before this one. lightcarbon at the moment seems to be delayed.
Good follow-up! 👍 I communicated with "Linda". I specifically asked her if price including shipping in the "total" in that quote.😜

It's why this forum does well to help ferret out the huge miscommunication potential in dealing with China direct factories--- I've been burned a few times for not grilling the salesperson like a legal prosecutor in a court trial.😄

I'm waiting on Tan Tan as well. They did confirm the bigger Enduro travel 150r/170f in my Facebook request in August. Also, they make a lot of frames, so experience with analogue at least...

I think LC is out the game for me on their offering as they're going 130f/150f last I heard.🍻

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
i think with better component can be lighter.
Yeah, you should be able shave a little more off depending on higher end spec. Especially on the fork if you don't mind the 36er stanchions. I planned on moving up to the 38 mm Zeb/Fox 38 for more rigidity which adds a few hundred grams in the tradeoff.

But overall, peeling off 8-10 lbs off compared to full-powered Enduro E-mtb is the key feature for agility. Plus, if Bafang can truly delivery the purported 75Nm of torque...well that is a game changer for me.

While it presents with a somewhat streamlined frame profile, it is interesting that it's not near as stealthy looking as the Forestal Siryon that adapts the Bafang M820 motor for a super high end E-mtb.🤔 But the Siryon is beyond my pricepoint.💸😜🍻

Screenshot_20221228-105344.png

Last edited:

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Guys did you ask about the max - peak wattage of the m820?
It is interesting to know, i would really like it, if it is in the 600w ball park.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Guys did you ask about the max - peak wattage of the m820?
It is interesting to know, i would really like it, if it is in the 600w ball park.
I'd be curious to know too.👍

Here's an article reviewing the M820.
They state that Bafang claims 75 Nm with bursts of 95 Nm (10-15 secs?). That would be nice!

I don't know how that translates into Peak wattage. Hopefully, a keen YouTuber can give it good review soon!🤞

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The frame CEF50
Shipping to Europe

I'm trying to re-confirm price.

Screenshot_20221228-191601.png

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The frame CEF50
Shipping to Europe

I just emailed Vivian at TanTan about their M820 models. They said will be available only if molds aren't purchased first. They won't sell to the individual consumer until it's sold and then only in certain geographical areas. I'd guess like the Dengfu E-10 is available in Europe but not in North America due to Luna Cycles branding it as Luna X-1. So, that kinda sucks.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The frame CEF50
Shipping to Europe

Shoot! But good news. $1748 includes shipping to me in US.

Screenshot_20221228-200021.png

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Gonna try to overstroke it a bit 160r coil (🤞)/180f Zeb.

I'll spec the stout desert chunk runners: 27.5 er+ tires 2.8"r/3.0f+, 60 TPI (Surly Dirt Wizards, but prefer Maxxis HRIIs if they still exist), so just a little shorter and thicker sidewalls than standard 29ers, but similar weight if running 2.4/2.5s.

Shooting for 19ish kg + with pedals.💪 That would be optimistic of course, but we'll see. 🤔 I'll put it to a scale at my LBS when possible as soon as the full build is ready in a few months.

Full spec includes AXS, Hope cranks, XT brakes, and my Onxy-carbon wheelset...so lighter componentry as well. 🤞🤞🤞

Frame warranty is 3 yrs. Could be 5 yrs at least. However, most are just 2 years for the DIY Bafanger frames from my experience buying full carbon semi-successfully since '15... it's always a challenge .😜🍻

Screenshot_20221228-002414.png Screenshot_20221229-094458.png

Last edited:

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
I bought a Large. Total price plus shipping was $1748 USD to my US address. 💪
good price. You have bought them with shipping included, which gave me the price of the bike only, not including shipping. We will wait for news how the bike looks in person and if it really comes pre-assembled that would be fantastic

fenomeno

Dec 25, 2022
Spain
Hi
where did you ordered the m820?
Thanks in advance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles