Bafang m510

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
I don’t actually dislike the motor. But i am interested in making some modifications to fix a couple of issues. You have had success with modifications? What did you do and how did you go about doing it? Also is your bike a custom build?
Not a custom build, i bought a complete bike from the shop, just changed some parts like fork, seatpost, tyres and pedals so far. I added throttle + gear shift sensor and unlocked speed limit plus changed some riding params with Besst Pro.

Jeromep

Mar 17, 2022
Florida
So Dado, only way to edit parameters is though Besst or K1?

My M510 is on my way, but I don't know yet what hardware version I will get.

BTW: this is what Fieldebikes told me when I asked whether the 245 I was getting was BT5.1 so it could connect to the Bafang Go+ app
"DPC245 Bluetooth display can work with bafang go ,not bafang Go+
Their website has some errors. bafang Go + serves the IOT system and also has Bluetooth. If the two Bluetooth signals are used together, there will be interference."
Bafang has 2 manuals online for the DPC245: one supporting Bluetooth 5.0 and woks with the Go app, and one that supports Bluetooth 5.1 and works with the Go+ app. The later being referred to as Version 3.

I can’t find any Bafang displays that are Bluetooth 5.1 !! Anyone with thoughts on that?

IMG_0650.jpeg IMG_0649.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Bafang has 2 manuals online for the DPC245: one supporting Bluetooth 5.0 and woks with the Go app, and one that supports Bluetooth 5.1 and works with the Go+ app. The later being referred to as Version 3.

I can’t find any Bafang displays that are Bluetooth 5.1 !! Anyone with thoughts on that?

View attachment 124379 View attachment 124380
The DP C245 V2.0 is Bluetooth 5.0

The DP C245 V3.0 is Bluetooth 5.1

I've linked to them somewhere previously, might have been the Vitus e-mythique tech docs thread.

PLM

Jun 20, 2023
Graceland

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wouldn't say it's flimsy. Mine has taken a lot of hits and it's totally fine.
I hope it's more substantial than it looks/feels.

I know in the M820 thread, where the guard looks similar but could be thinner/different plastic, they've had several failures :

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Today I couldn't ride my bike. The motor turns off every few seconds or do a restart.
The problem is not the brake sensors.
What do you think is the cause of the problem?

I just unplugged all the cables and reconnected them. The result is that the motor no longer works. 😐

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Monitored volts and amps today with the Vitus firmware.

Peaks of 19 amps and it charged to just over 42 volts this time.

So Peak Watts of about 800w.

I doubt it is peaking 800W. Dont be forgetting about voltage sag at high current draw. Count with 38, 39V.

mikenet

Sep 12, 2022
roma
I just received a new controller under warranty after my m510 FC1.0 crashed, (I attach photos of the old and new one). I had pointed out that I had read on the internet about the incompatibility between the FC1.0 engine and the FC2.0 controller, I was told that they would send the right one for my engine. After having mounted it, er08 (Hall Sensor Fault) appears on the display. Should the engine be calibrated? Can you tell from the photo whether it's a fc2 or fc1 controller?

View attachment IMG_20230908_143831_483.jpg View attachment IMG_20230908_143856_043.jpg

mikenet

Sep 12, 2022
roma
thru a reseller, after unsuccessful attempts suggested online by the retailer until the controller was replaced, but now with error 08

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
I just received a new controller under warranty after my m510 FC1.0 crashed, (I attach photos of the old and new one). I had pointed out that I had read on the internet about the incompatibility between the FC1.0 engine and the FC2.0 controller, I was told that they would send the right one for my engine. After having mounted it, er08 (Hall Sensor Fault) appears on the display. Should the engine be calibrated? Can you tell from the photo whether it's a fc2 or fc1 controller?

View attachment 124585 View attachment 124586
Yes, after the controller change you will need to do torque and position sensor calibration with Besst tool.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
FREY Evolve NEO are equipped with DPC245 3.0 with M510 FC2.0 Motor. Affordable and a great quality bike.

There is no problem with the battery bracket.
I replaced the motor and cables too and nothing worked.
Could the battery be the problem?
It sounds like you have a power problem. What kind of battery do you have?
Do you have any power switch or something like that?

mikenet

Sep 12, 2022
roma
I connected the motor with the new controller and using Besst pro it seems to be an FC2.0 (see software MMG522C4814F802040.1 v. hardware CR X10N.510.FC 2.0) so I think if bafang sent it for an m510 motor it should go well, I can't mount it on the bike yet because I'm waiting for the fork, in the meantime I've assembled an alternative e10 bike with a new fc2.0 engine and I have to say after a short 60 km test that it goes really well, silent and high-performance, i almost always went with the eco level but it's too powerful, i fixed the various levels with besst but i haven't tried it yet

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I have a Dengfu E10 frame battery and a power button on the right of the frame.
Perhaps you could bypass the switch by temporary bridging the battery's front terminals. It's a non destructive method. Just cut a piece of wire long enough to make contact with both terminals, an the stick it to the battery with a piece of duct tape, making sure that the wire is touching both terminals. I did it as a test before committing to any permanent change, but it has hold so well so far that I haven't seen the need to make it permanent. I hope I made sense

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I have a Dengfu E10 frame battery and a power button on the right of the frame.
The first thing I would check is the power button. The second thing is the battery bracket. Two little pins can be a pain in the arse when riding. But I'm betting on the battery bracket. Very poorly designed and dengfu know it. I had to short out the sleepmode on my battery.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
The first thing I would check is the power button. The second thing is the battery bracket. Two little pins can be a pain in the arse when riding. But I'm betting on the battery bracket. Very poorly designed and dengfu know it. I had to short out the sleepmode on my battery.
The cables are connected to the battery brackets, and the pins look good.
What else should I check?

What do you mean by sleep mode and how can I shorten it?

Guys, does anyone know a good compact charger for dengfu to take with you on trips? Mine is great, but very bulky.
Look for a 2A charger that is smaller than 3A chargers but also charges slower.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Perhaps you could bypass the switch by temporary bridging the battery's front terminals. It's a non destructive method. Just cut a piece of wire long enough to make contact with both terminals, an the stick it to the battery with a piece of duct tape, making sure that the wire is touching both terminals. I did it as a test before committing to any permanent change, but it has hold so well so far that I haven't seen the need to make it permanent. I hope I made sense
Yes, I also doubt that the power button is the problem. I will try bypassing it and connecting the motor directly to the battery. Thanks

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello guys.

Got back repaired FC1.0 from Poland. They have put new controller with fw v 7.2 (36V) and looks like they have changed again flashing protocol (3rd bootloader version in a year). Unbelievable, Bafang is crazy. And funny is that Besst Pro is writing me M510 is not aproved (even for FC2.0) - ridiculous when Besst is not "approved" for their latest motors!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yes, I also doubt that the power button is the problem. I will try bypassing it and connecting the motor directly to the battery. Thanks
Always bypass that useless BMS On/Off switch and short cables in a battery. After a time you will get turn offs with a button. Especially when you riding hard on bumps.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles