Bafang m510

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
For M510 FC1.0 you have 2 firmware whithout delay between crank armq stop and motor stop: 3.2 and 3.1-CS

About "err 27", on mine bike. dengfu E10 with dengfu battery, i have one switch on button for the battery on frame, this button is connected to the battery throug the 2 little pins on the lower battery suport. Several other guys had problem with this switch. To solve it, we have canceled this switch, by welding togetherer the 2 thin cables from this switch inside the battery
Would You share all the firmware You have, on GitHub for example?

Ah now I see - only talking about FC 1.0…

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Would You share all the firmware You have, on GitHub for example?

Ah now I see - only talking about FC 1.0…
HI.
yes, i haven't firmware for FC2.0. I have lot FC1.0 from bafang, but all who function (not all), have gap between crancks stop and motor stop. finally i stay on 3.2 or 3.1-CS. imn't sure (that need i exchange the motors to confirm), but it seem that FC1.0 consume less than FC2.0, have tou the same feeling ?

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I also think to use a 510 V2 with a 52V battery. Is that going to work @Sheff73 or someone else?
@raggertje It should work but I cannot confirm yet. I have an FC2.0 controller on order, so will try once it arrives (2-3 weeks). The problem we are likely to have is that the display will not show the correct battery voltage / level, as the controller firmware is likely setup for 48V not 52V unfortunately. We need Bafang to create a 52V firmware for the FC2.0.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
HI.
yes, i haven't firmware for FC2.0. I have lot FC1.0 from bafang, but all who function (not all), have gap between crancks stop and motor stop. finally i stay on 3.2 or 3.1-CS. imn't sure (that need i exchange the motors to confirm), but it seem that FC1.0 consume less than FC2.0, have tou the same feeling ?
No not at all. Same battery consumption as before, and I think I can compare it quite well running my standard evening round.

Andy5

Apr 10, 2023
Czech republic
buy FC 2.0 controller, it 's compatible with 1.0 motor and will be better.
According GBK torque sensor from FC 1.0 is not compatible with FC 2.0 motor.-see GBK: "There are two types of Bafang M510 torque sensors, one is for FC1.0 M510 motor and the other is for FC2.0 M510 motor, the torsion sensor model begins with "SR" is for FC1.0 and "GR" torque sensor is for FC2.0 motor. Currently our M510 torsion sensors are only for M510 FC1.0 motor, it will not fit for FC2.0 motor, please note".

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
According GBK torque sensor from FC 1.0 is not compatible with FC 2.0 motor.-see GBK: "There are two types of Bafang M510 torque sensors, one is for FC1.0 M510 motor and the other is for FC2.0 M510 motor, the torsion sensor model begins with "SR" is for FC1.0 and "GR" torque sensor is for FC2.0 motor. Currently our M510 torsion sensors are only for M510 FC1.0 motor, it will not fit for FC2.0 motor, please note".
ok noted, will try it first.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Well they send me a brand new engine, so i'm fine now. Also FC 1.0 and FC 2.0 controllers are not interchangeable like dude below you said here. It is due to different torque sensor used, i read it as well.
Hope they have used now better TS, with better sensitivity and water proofing. So maybe one day bafang get also to Bosch smooth response to pedalling. ;) This is the main issue, when people sit on Bafang first time, they dont like behaviour and decide to buy other motor.

I dont care about behaviour of TS, I am riding now almost all time full throttle. ;) I was ok also to ride without TS with my lovely Bafang HD. ;)

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hope they have used now better TS, with better sensitivity and water proofing. So maybe one day bafang get also to Bosch smooth response to pedalling. ;) This is the main issue, when people sit on Bafang first time, they dont like behaviour and decide to buy other motor.

I dont care about behaviour of TS, I am riding now almost all time full throttle. ;) I was ok also to ride without TS with my lovely Bafang HD. ;)
My buddy rides trails in the suburbs of Bratislava (great trails, he gains 1000m of elevation in one ride). Do you ride down trails also on max assist? It's very difficult to go on full throttle on loose slopes uphill.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
My buddy rides trails in the suburbs of Bratislava (great trails, he gains 1000m of elevation in one ride). Do you ride down trails also on max assist? It's very difficult to go on full throttle on loose slopes uphill.
Ou really? Yes, we have few good trails around. Some legal, some illegal. ;)
Yes, also pushing throttle down the hill, especially on races, but it is dangerous. You get speed over 60kmh very quickly.

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia

Tbh so far i'm quite happy with M510. It has very good power level stepping a pulls uphills like nothing. Only downside that i saw well more likely hear, is that it is a bit loud for my taste. I have also throttle installed + shift sensor. Throttle pulls 19A almost instantly no matter power level, fun to ride and little bit dangerous sometimes. But nothing compares to my old BBS02B build, that thing pulled like cargo train and was dead silent...

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I was also surprised about louder M510. In high rpms - high pitch sound. Seems like Bafang put higher max rotor rpms. Better bearings should help.

Now imagine M600 where throttle worked only according PASS level.
Anyway, does your throttle works also over 32kmh?

So you would need an upgrade to M560 750W to catch BBS02 ;)

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Ou really? Yes, we have few good trails around. Some legal, some illegal. ;)
Yes, also pushing throttle down the hill, especially on races, but it is dangerous. You get speed over 60kmh very quickly.
He uses an acoustic bike. 1000 meters in 2 hours ride looks like nice hills all around
1691738875084.png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yes, thats my favourite gravity trails - Called BK trails and Slalomka. Been riding it and training a lot on these trails.
I know it is not belonging here, sorry for spam, guys. :) If you show up in Bratislava, you would know where to go ride. On top of BK is also nice food shop where all bikers are meeting up, so in a nice day you can find there even 100 bikers.

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
I was also surprised about louder M510. In high rpms - high pitch sound. Seems like Bafang put higher max rotor rpms. Better bearings should help.

Now imagine M600 where throttle worked only according PASS level.
Anyway, does your throttle works also over 32kmh?

So you would need an upgrade to M560 750W to catch BBS02 ;)
High pitch sound exactly.

Throttle does work until it reaches maximum speed limit set in controller. I set max speed limit to 45 km and throttle worked until 45 km/h.

Yes M560 looks tempting, according to Bafang's official specs list, it looks like one hell of a motor. 140nm of torque, 750w, just slightly more heavier than M510. Targeted mainly at cargo ebikes.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Do you have FC1?

FC2.0 36V run only to 32kmh. :(
FC 2.0 36v is limited to 32km/h. but, when I pedal and pass 32 the motor still gives support. when I stop pedaling and the speed is higher than 32 and start pedaling again, the motor does not support until the speed drops below 32.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
OK, as I have a 510 on order, I just spent 2 days ! reading all 58 pages of this thread (I'd read quite a bit previously, but didn't want to miss any vital information).

Following on from that, I've created a separate thread for M510 Firmwares :

I'll ask the mods to make it a sticky.

To make life easier for everyone coming and looking so they don't have to read 58 pages ... post your firmwares/details like FC1.0 2.0 , voltage and any relevant information about that firmware in there.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Guys, do you have a short term increase in assist while riding, it looks like you add 1 level for 1-2 seconds and go back to the previous assist level. I have a very stifled eco mode and this happens sometimes. Has anyone had this happen to anyone else?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
FC 2.0 36v is limited to 32km/h. but, when I pedal and pass 32 the motor still gives support. when I stop pedaling and the speed is higher than 32 and start pedaling again, the motor does not support until the speed drops below 32.
Yes, FC2.0 throttle only up to 32kmh. Or you saying it wont start assisting on pedalling when over 32 and you need to slow under 32 first? Have not noticed this. That would be again crazy from Bafang.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Yes, FC2.0 throttle only up to 32kmh. Or you saying it wont start assisting on pedalling when over 32 and you need to slow under 32 first? Have not noticed this. That would be again crazy from Bafang.
when I pedal constantly I managed to reach 42 km/h and the engine still works. 😂😂

macintoshcz

Aug 1, 2023
CZ
Hello, does anyone have tried bafang m510 with external controllers? i am curious how much wattage could this motor withstand. Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles