Bafang m510

macintoshcz

Aug 1, 2023
CZ
Depends for how long. ;))
Cca 700W conti.
OK thanks, i have bought ebike from mountfield with this motor. Howeever speed is limited to 25km/h on DPC-18 display. And this option is grey out, so i can not change it. It also came without throttle. I dont know if motor is also flashed to limit speed and throtle is disabled. I have custom ebike with Bbs02 and i have also usb programmer for bafang tool. Does anyone know if this usb cable work with M510 and change parameter with some terminal software? M510 has jsut different connector. Display itself is probable OEM locked.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
OK thanks, i have bought ebike from mountfield with this motor. Howeever speed is limited to 25km/h on DPC-18 display. And this option is grey out, so i can not change it. It also came without throttle. I dont know if motor is also flashed to limit speed and throtle is disabled. I have custom ebike with Bbs02 and i have also usb programmer for bafang tool. Does anyone know if this usb cable work with M510 and change parameter with some terminal software? M510 has jsut different connector. Display itself is probable OEM locked.

U can buy that to unlock speed limit.

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
M510 runs on CAN bus (triangle 5pin conector), speed is coded inside the motor controller, display has nothing to do with it. You can change it with Besst to any speed limit you want, up to 60km/h.
It is also possible to add throttle here, just buy 1t2 can cable plus any 3 pin Bafang throttle you desire. It is straight fit, no coding needed.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Does anyone use a 40T or 42T chinring with a Bafang M510?
How is your experience?
The new motor FC2.0 is much better on flat terrain. But I would like to be faster.
I am currently using a 32T chainring and a Shimano 11 speed.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Guys, just got Error 7 - overvoltage protection out of nowhere. Motor sits only on my bench, newer run.
And Besst is reading it and showing normal voltage. Also possible to re-flash firmware. Seeing it is showing 0C motor temperature and 100% battery.
1692104713292.png

Getting sick of these bafang issues. Anybody has experience or what could have happened?

Edit: Reflash to same 48V firmware did not help. But flash to 43V then back to 48V did help, now works. What the hell?

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Does anyone use a 40T or 42T chinring with a Bafang M510?
How is your experience?
The new motor FC2.0 is much better on flat terrain. But I would like to be faster.
I am currently using a 32T chainring and a Shimano 11 speed.
32T is too low for an ebike.
40/42T will give you higher speed. Optimum for M510/M500 is 38T and cassete with smallest cog 10T - 10T will give you more difference - do the math.

Last edited:

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
Guys, just got Error 7 - overvoltage protection out of nowhere. Motor sits only on my bench, newer run.
And Besst is reading it and showing normal voltage. Also possible to re-flash firmware. Seeing it is showing 0C motor temperature and 100% battery.
View attachment 122554

Getting sick of these bafang issues. Anybody has experience or what could happen?

Edit: Reflash to same 48V firmware did not help. But flash to 43V then back to 48V did help, now works. What the hell?
Dado's son, the ch7 also jumped, but on the m500. .I deleted it and told him to charge the battery in the fable. Since then it has been shown that it could start when inserting a charged battery.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Here I had battery at cca 51V for weeks with no charging (it is 48V battery).
Yes, can give you Err7 when u using 52V battery on 48V firmware. But should disappear once you get to allowed voltage range.

IanR

Aug 16, 2023
California, US
Hi, I am trying to build up a bike with a Bafang M510 or M560, including a custom battery. I have some uncertaintly how battery SOC reporting works for these motors. For Bafang batteries, my understanding is that SOC is tracked by the BMS using coulomb counting and reported to the motor controller over CANBUS, which is then sent to the display. I am looking to get a custom battery built using a case from SYR and wanted to make sure the BMS can support precise SOC tracking and have it communicated properly to the motor controller. Can anyone provide more information on how this works?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
HM..... It looks like re-flashing to the same FW doesn't seem to help. I'm going to go re-flash my motor through the old version

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
What is the maximum power that you have reached while climbing with Bafang M510 FC2.0 And of course with a fully charged battery?
For me I didn't get past 702 watts

phamaral

Aug 18, 2023
Brazil

U can buy that to unlock speed limit.
I also have the same problem. Can't go over 25km/h. I have a M510 with a C241 display. Can I use this cable to change the speed limit?

I'm worried about a review on that aliexpress listing. It has a lot of 5 star reviews but a guy said this cable bricked his controller.

Has anyone tried this? Should i just get the more expensive BESST tool instead?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I also have the same problem. Can't go over 25km/h. I have a M510 with a C241 display. Can I use this cable to change the speed limit?

I'm worried about a review on that aliexpress listing. It has a lot of 5 star reviews but a guy said this cable bricked his controller.

That one is a crap. Speeds are hardcoded and it can not set power levels with your M510. Check this also

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia

This cable works but it can only set speed limit to 60 km/h, not less. I was adjusting few bikes with it in the past and no problem so far, but now i'm only using Besst device. Another problem is that in case you need to revert settings to stock for example to 25 km/h, you can only do this with 27.5" wheel. If your bike has 29" wheel you are pretty much f***ed.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
After 150 Km, the new motor M510 FC2.0 suddenly started to turn off 😔, especially when stopping. When I turn it back on it works again.
NO errors.
What do you think is the problem?

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
After I disconnected the brake sensor cables, the problem was solved, then I reconnected them, the problem of turning off the motor did not return.
It looks like there really is a problem with the brake cables.
I hope the problem does not return, thank you all.

phamaral

Aug 18, 2023
Brazil
Hey everyone! I am still looking for a way to remove the speed limit on my M510 and I have some questions about the besst tool. Is it compatible with all bafang motors? What else will I be able to do with the tool?

I saw in that some people customize the assist modes and change firmware versions. Is that worth doing?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hey everyone! I am still looking for a way to remove the speed limit on my M510 and I have some questions about the besst tool. Is it compatible with all bafang motors? What else will I be able to do with the tool?

I saw in that some people customize the assist modes and change firmware versions. Is that worth doing?
all Bafang M series with CAN protocol. For me it's worth, help a lot. Also if we change controller we have to use best tool for calibration.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Yes, Besst is used for all Bafangs even for UART versions.

Check the link in my signature, there is more simple and user friendly device K1 Flash. No problem with login credential (or python workarounds), no problem with setting speed limit over EU servers.

macintoshcz

Aug 1, 2023
CZ

The cheap way Is to obtain USB to can transreceiver And this extension cable. Check this forum. There is no need to buy overpriced best Tool or K1 flash if you dont want flash firmware...

Edit: actually one can use ESP32 instead that transreceiver It will be even three times cheaper ...

EDIT#2: Probabably the cheapest combo Programmer and Can Bus Module used as alternative to transreceiver

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles