Bafang m510

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
Hi, I just bought a M510 FC2.0 to Chili Shen, who's "Anna Shen" (Edited) on Alibaba :D
Should be shipped within 12 days...
Not yet decided which frame for the time being.
M510 FC2.0 SET.jpg
M510 FC2.0.jpg

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Hello everyone,
I haven't gotten a clear answer yet from anyone who has tried the M510 FC 2.0. In which aspect is the motor with the new controller better?
Answers like I feel it better than the previous one is not a logical answer from my point of view.
Can anyone who has tried the M510 FC2.0 tell us the differences with practical examples?
What is the difference in peak watts between the two FC1.0 and FC2.0?
Is it worth buying a new motor after less than a year? I see Bafang hasn't been fair to us with this change if the difference is really that big.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hi guys. Am I the only one who has such a weak walkmode on FC1 with CRX10NC4814i101003.2.0-28-2230-boot3.0-20220721130110 FW? Could you please check on your side who has this FW. On basic 3.1 walkmode was pretty good. Thanks in advance

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hi guys. Am I the only one who has such a weak walkmode on FC1 with CRX10NC4814i101003.2.0-28-2230-boot3.0-20220721130110 FW? Could you please check on your side who has this FW. On basic 3.1 walkmode was pretty good. Thanks in advance
I confirm, unusable, i use the throttle

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Just to make sure: You need to change the cassette gear to a smaller cog to get support in walk mode. The motor turns really slow, and if You still are in the climbing gear (what happens most when You come to the need of walk mode) the rear wheel turns VERY slow. Feels like no support. Are You aware?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Do you think it is worth buying a new M510 with FC2.0?
I don't want to disassemble my motor to change the controller.
Nobody can take this decision for You. The advantages are not huge, but they are noticeable. If You buy a set, the DPC 245 display and new tiny controll unit are really nice. And You have a spare engine, just in case. This spare engine could be upgraded later, or sold.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Just to make sure: You need to change the cassette gear to a smaller cog to get support in walk mode. The motor turns really slow, and if You still are in the climbing gear (what happens most when You come to the need of walk mode) the rear wheel turns VERY slow. Feels like no support. Are You aware?
Hello, I can compare with the 3.1. In the 3.2, when the chain is on the smaller cog, I can easily stop the bike with my hand. Very very low support. But anyway, my motor has a torque sensor problem. I'm waiting for a warranty motor, and that's the reason I'm asking on the forum. Is it just my problem or is it a FW problem?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hi Guys. Does anyone know what could be happening when the bike just switches off during riding. No new error codes. It just switches off. After that, it turns on normally from the button and rides on. How do you find the reason for this? Thank you very much.

krokan

Oct 20, 2021
B
Hi Guys. Does anyone know what could be happening when the bike just switches off during riding. No new error codes. It just switches off. After that, it turns on normally from the button and rides on. How do you find the reason for this? Thank you very much.

Bad battery contact?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Bad battery contact?
I don't know. It was impossible to remove the battery without the key. All the pins look good. I also did a lot of jumping and hopping today, but couldn't find the sequence when the disconnect happens. I cleaned the pins and reinstalled the battery. We'll see.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I don't know. It was impossible to remove the battery without the key. All the pins look good. I also did a lot of jumping and hopping today, but couldn't find the sequence when the disconnect happens. I cleaned the pins and reinstalled the battery. We'll see.
Check the Canbus cable / connector motor to the display. Those cables are not very reliable, my E10 has about 4.500 km now, and I‘m on the 3rd cable. If the cable is defect due to internal cable break or not fully inserted / leading to a loose contact at the display cable port, exactly this happens.

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
The cranks look awesome, but no big weight saving at 495g. The spider is not just a spider, there are some rubber decoupling elements to soften the effects of the rear suspension in regards of pedal backlash.

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
The cranks look awesome, but no big weight saving at 495g. The spider is not just a spider, there are some rubber decoupling elements to soften the effects of the rear suspension in regards of pedal backlash.
I know and agree. I give it as an exemple.
So the question is open 😉

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hmmm.. if You ask for the spider, I‘m not sure. There are many reviews telling it‘s great, specially descending in roughest terrain. Smoothen Your ride and make it way more silent. I would line to try, but it’s expensive unfortunately..
who saied it's great ? with the freewheels on crank arms and rear wheel, i don't understand the gain ? o_O

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
If You are standing on Your pedals, running downhill in rocky terrain, Your rear suspension is causing backslash with every compression. Your chain is pulling the chainwheel backwards. The chainwheel is decoupled from the motor axle using rubber decoupling elements. They are eating up the impact of the backslash, smoothening Your ride and reducing chain whip noise. In theory 😂

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
If You are standing on Your pedals, running downhill in rocky terrain, Your rear suspension is causing backslash with every compression. Your chain is pulling the chainwheel backwards. The chainwheel is decoupled from the motor axle using rubber decoupling elements. They are eating up the impact of the backslash, smoothening Your ride and reducing chain whip noise. In theory 😂
When i move my suspension (in static). i don't see any movement of my pedals. I think that the engineers have performed lot of calculation to reduce "chain effects" with swing arms design, no ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles