Bafang m510

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
So no other new features beside that? Then it is better keeping the old Besst Software that works with the loginbypass, cause this for me works well.
With the Pro version, you don't need a username and password, not even a loginbypass to update the firmware.
But with username and password or loginbypass you can do the following:
- Set the speed of each level as you like.
- Set the maximum current allowed to be drawn for each level. This means adjusting the power of each level in watts.
- Set startup angel.
- Set acceleration.
20220731_183809.jpg

Dave Rand

Jan 25, 2022
Kent Uk
Surely that’s arrse about face??
Be better to have a good firmware (locked with passwords/login)
Then tweak to suit your own needs without login hassle

Bafang have lost the plot

With the Pro version, you don't need a username and password, not even a loginbypass to update the firmware.
- Set the maximum current allowed to be drawn for each level. This means adjusting the power of each level in watts.
- Set startup angel.
- Set acceleration.
View attachment 95036

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
- Set startup angel.
- Set acceleration.

Have not tired it yet. Speed limit is in RPM on cranks or speed from speed sensor?

Anyway RPM speed which was possible to setup on older Bafangs is not much useful, everybody was setting it to 100%.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Have not tired it yet. Speed limit is in RPM on cranks or speed from speed sensor?

Anyway RPM speed which was possible to setup on older Bafangs is not much useful, everybody was setting it to 100%.
I also haven't tried changing the speeds. All set to 100%. I might try it out in the next few days.
So far I've only set the current draw differently from the original and I increased the acceleration to the maximum.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I also haven't tried changing the speeds. All set to 100%. I might try it out in the next few days.
So far I've only set the current draw differently from the original and I increased the acceleration to the maximum.

Not "all", On the M600 (without speed limit) i have setted "max speed" to 27 km/h, enough for "real MTB". Over, feel like i ride motorcycle

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Patdam, if you have 27kmh average thats huge. ;)

Anyway guys, how do you understand "Acceleration" - I guess it will be max phase current.

Average in my practice is more around 10 km/h. in fact i don't know exactely, i don't gave importance to these information. As i have saied several time, for me the motor is just an help to take up a good bike on top of moutain, to play at downhill.

Same toys but different use and different needs

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Acceleration in the classic sense is the time it takes the bike from zero speed to reach the maximum speed (Let's say 25 km/h) before the engine shuts off.

The best result = the shortest time

But there are major factors that affect the result such as the weight of the cyclist and the air resistance.

In my opinion, the most important thing is the gears, as you should start with the smallest gear to get a good start and then switch to bigger gear.

That is why many people buy electric cars not only because they are environmentally friendly, but also love acceleration.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
For me the download of the Windows Version is not working - it gives an error before the download starts
Have you tried another browser?
The link still works here and the download starts without issue.
Alternatively try right clicking and choosing "save link as" on the bafang links

Windows:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_windowx_64

Mac:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_macos

Dave Rand

Jan 25, 2022
Kent Uk
Not really relevant on Emtb (I agree for Electrics cars)
Acceleration on Emtb = making sure your in the correct gear before a corner and using the motor punch out of a corner matched to a reasonable pedal cadence past the apex which gives you chance to Vmax on the straight bits.

So to summarise, Acceleration on an Emtb felt through one gear not the whole 12.

Acceleration in the classic sense is the time it takes the bike from zero speed to reach the maximum speed (Let's say 25 km/h) before the engine shuts off.

But there are major factors that affect the result such as the weight of the cyclist and the air resistance.

In my opinion, the most important thing is the gears, as you should start with the smallest gear to get a good start and then switch to bigger gear.

That is why many people buy electric cars not only because they are environmentally friendly, but also love acceleration.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Have you tried another browser?
The link still works here and the download starts without issue.
Alternatively try right clicking and choosing "save link as" on the bafang links

Windows:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_windowx_64

Mac:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_macos
Yes, they're working. Note: guys who are using the python script - you have done the redirection in the .hosts file on your machine, that's why you cant download it.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Shadow, thanks for explaining me what means acceleration and it is time to get from one speed to another. ;)

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I'm not sure the Startup and Acceleration is what we assume to be in common English. My betting it has to with Field Weakening and rampup of the power. If anyone can it maybe worth playing with these settings individually and reporting back.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Yes, they're working. Note: guys who are using the python script - you have done the redirection in the .hosts file on your machine, that's why you cant download it.
Thats not the reason - i tried to download it on another computer and it was not working. Will try the new links provided 👌

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Today I tried to set the basic parameters on my replacement M600 motor with BESST-pro, unfortunately without success. The parameters could not be read. Perhaps this function is only possible with the M510?
In any case, the firmware loaded without any problems.

8391EAAE-105B-4F50-9520-78CC8257CDBB.jpeg

6595A1FD-06D6-4A2E-89FF-B00A7F2E7ACB.jpeg

584622BC-8971-4F36-9897-677E45DF13F4.jpeg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol

markusks

Aug 12, 2022
Austria
Hi Guys und Girls,

i am looking for a spare part for my M510. Somehow the Nut wich locks the Spider to the Motor got lost. Now i need a new one.

I have absolutely no idea where i can get one fast. Will be happy if one of you can help me out.

Thank you !
IMG_20220820_104817.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany

Thanks for enlightening me 😂 I‘m aware of the AI sensitivity function. Just saw this thread, and You never know with Bafang firmware…

ymmr32

Jul 13, 2022
Japan
markusks、投稿: 416744、メンバー: 25872 said:
ガイズ・アンド・ガールズの皆さん、こんにちは。

M510のスペアパーツを探しています。スパイダーをモーターに固定しているナットがなぜか紛失してしまいました。今、私は新しいものが必要です。

どこですぐに入手できるかまったくわかりません。あなたの一人が私を助けることができれば幸せです.

ありがとうございました ! View attachment 95306
[/見積もり]
この販売者からaliexpressで購入できます

Screenshot_20220824-081908~2.png

Screenshot_20220824-081852.png

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Besst pro worked on the M510, changed the 5 support levels to 10/25/50/75 and 100% and am very satisfied. In level 1 max 80 W power, good for saving battery or training your own fitness. In the 2nd level max 240 watts, in level 3 max 450 watts, ideal to annoy the Shimano EP 8 riders in trail mode 😉, and 670 or 840 watts in levels 4 and 5

3E18417C-B921-40CF-98BC-FAC1737B1FBE.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles