Bafang m510

Mirkoser

Jul 31, 2022
Northern Germany
Hi guys, with this 48v firmware my bike is working well. I received it from Chilli Chen and besst pro is working as well..

Attachments

• CRX10NC4814i101003 1 cs-28-2230-boot3 0-20220517161110 48v M510.bin
    87.2 KB · Views: 239

m.john

Feb 14, 2021
Germany
Hi everybody, I am about to order a M510 from Chili but the whole discussion concerning rev.1 vs rev.2, or rev "E" vs Rev "I" is very confusing, if I am honest.
Chili was telling me that the rev"I" firmware would belong to a 43V M510, but my final goal is to have the following setup:
M510, operating with both 48V and 52V batteries and being able to use the BESST Pro...
What do I need to order? Is there any sticker on the motor telling me/Chili what to look for.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Martin

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Wondering why. You will set it for
Hi everybody, I am about to order a M510 from Chili but the whole discussion concerning rev.1 vs rev.2, or rev "E" vs Rev "I" is very confusing, if I am honest.
Chili was telling me that the rev"I" firmware would belong to a 43V M510, but my final goal is to have the following setup:
M510, operating with both 48V and 52V batteries and being able to use the BESST Pro...
What do I need to order? Is there any sticker on the motor telling me/Chili what to look for.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Martin

Mate, dont worry, if you buy M510 now, you will get on 99% new revision - so rev "i" (mentioning again, I just named it like this according second byte in firmware bin file).

You can use also 48V firmware version with 52V battery, but you will have % SOC wrong. And there was also issues with some 48V firmwares - if you charge 52V battery to full, some firmwares was refusing - solution not to charge to full 58.8 V - but thats pain.

Here is posted 52V version firmware, which works great, Rob attached this file. If I remember it was version 3.2

Mirkoser

Jul 31, 2022
Northern Germany
I have tested both
Revision i
Version 3.1 with 48v battery and besst pro. Working fine
Version 3.2 with 52v battery and besst pro. Working fine

but I switched back to 48v because I see no advantage for a 52v battery on a light all mountain bike;)

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
So if you change the 'current' parameter via besst pro for each pas level does it sort of overwrite the initial setting of a particular firmware? I like the idea of having more tunability instead of just using a particular fw and hoping it will suit well for my needs...

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yes, thats the reason of Besst Pro. Just u set power levels like on other motors.
But, ask yourself. Do u need to fidle with it? You just set it up once and thats it.
Only what is needed to lower Pass 1.

Lets bet how long would take to release mob. app for this power levels. My guess: mid 2023 ;)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
This is an old remote control. I disassembled it and cut off the power button. He's still very fat and big, I don't like it.

View attachment 93499
Hi lanton. i want to use BBS remotes that i have stored. Could you say me the function of the cables on this explosed remote. when you acting buttons, mode + and Mode - you have continuity between wich cable color ? can you identified on the printed circuit wich cable color is the common of each buttons ? thank you for your help

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Patdam, buttons are shorting only to ground, so just measure original buttons, which pin is ground and which pin is shorted when u press button. Or find a scheme of buttons on internet.

geirnaert jo

Aug 12, 2022
België
Link for download is down. If you need new firmware you can write me on Telegram mirkoser1 and then you can upload it if you want. It’s 51mb
Hi Guys, I’m new in this forum and I want to share newest informations with you. Have you already tried the new bafang besst pro? It’s working for me with the 3.2 firmware and I can set all the currents for every pas level. Additionally you can set the acceleration and pas delay.

View attachment 93624
hello, do you do this with the same hardware that you use for besstt, is the pro version soft or also other hardware ?
danks

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Hi lanton. i want to use BBS remotes that i have stored. Could you say me the function of the cables on this explosed remote. when you acting buttons, mode + and Mode - you have continuity between wich cable color ? can you identified on the printed circuit wich cable color is the common of each buttons ? thank you for your help
The right advice. There is a common wire, you need to check each wire to the button and solder it.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
So what happened to besst pro? Did somebody get it from @Mirkoser? Really interested to try this, as such tunability is exactly what I am looking for...
Not sure if anybody uploaded/shared it, but I put copies here:

BESST Pro for Windows V1.0.30Beta_22020805.exe

BESST Pro for MAC V1.0.31Beta.dmg

[Edit] The mega links are broken, grab the latest versions files direct from Bafang servers. Just right-click and save as:

Windows:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_windowx_64

Mac:
http://test.api.besst.bafang-service.com/client/v2/firmware/upgrade/item/list/besst_pro_macos

Last edited:

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I downloaded both. The Mac version won’t install, says file is corrupt. The PC version installs ok and seems to have username and password already set, but it’s in Chinese and haven’t managed to get it into English!

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I did change to German via settings, just check the left side options. Anyhow the account/ password does not work.
There is a new python script. Download it and BESST Pro will be fully functional.
However, the new feature in the Pro version is that the Firmware can be updated without a username and password.
Screenshot_20220815-212903_Chrome.jpg

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
There is a new python script. Download it and BESST Pro will be fully functional.
However, the new feature in the Pro version is that the Firmware can be updated without a username and password.
View attachment 94967
So no other new features beside that? Then it is better keeping the old Besst Software that works with the loginbypass, cause this for me works well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles