Anyone have issues with their cranks coming loose?

RaceFace Cranks
RF.jpg

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
I installed 160mm aluminum e*spec arms on my Rail 9.7. At the end of my first ride (~24 miles), the driveside arm was wobbly loose while the non-driveside arm bolt was just in need of tightening. I contacted e*thirteen to inform them of the situation, stating I had used the original installation instructions as guidence with 40Nm applied to the hardware. They wanted to confirm I applied grease to the spindle and then suggested moving up to 45Nm torque for the bolts. I put the higher amount of torque to the hardware, added some paint lines for visual reference and all seems to be fine now after additional ride time.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I installed 160mm aluminum e*spec arms on my Rail 9.7. At the end of my first ride (~24 miles), the driveside arm was wobbly loose while the non-driveside arm bolt was just in need of tightening. I contacted e*thirteen to inform them of the situation, stating I had used the original installation instructions as guidence with 40Nm applied to the hardware. They wanted to confirm I applied grease to the spindle and then suggested moving up to 45Nm torque for the bolts. I put the higher amount of torque to the hardware, added some paint lines for visual reference and all seems to be fine now after additional ride time.
I did the same thing and swapped to160mm e13 Crankarms but just torqued by feel and never had them come loose. Interesting that ur driveside was the wobbly side as its usually the non drive side falling off. I did have the original 165mm ND side fall off once.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles