Does anyone have mono-link set to the high position on their rail?

Don_Singer

Jun 15, 2020
Peoria, AZ USA
IMO, this whole mini-link thing sounds cool, but setting the sag probably has more of an effect. I wish it made enough of the difference to switch to a mullet without lowering the BB. Handy though for running a longer travel shock which I am thinking of doing like so many others already have. Too bad they don't make a 235mm shock to raise the rear.

I still am a huge fan of the 27.5x2.8 plus wheels, too bad they fell out of favor. The 29x2.6 are OK, but not the same for eating up rock gardens and not as agile.

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Prior to buying a Rail my last MTB was a Trek EX9 with 26" wheels. The Rail was like riding a sled after the EX9. Moved the link to top just to get it to steer a bit quicker but I'm still adapting to the major change. Love the bike but it does steer slow IMO even in the high position.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
If anyone's wondering about swapping the mino link around and hasn't tried it before - it's 17nm torque. Don't over-grunt it - the bolt shears to protect the frame ( which is a good thing 👍 ).
I used the cable tie hack to ensure it won't come undone and if it does you won't lose it ( also a good thing 👍).
Don't do cable tie up real tight as the frame movement will break it.

PXL_20220727_123042712.jpg

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
If anyone's wondering about swapping the mino link around and hasn't tried it before - it's 17nm torque. Don't over-grunt it - the bolt shears to protect the frame ( which is a good thing 👍 ).
I used the cable tie hack to ensure it won't come undone and if it does you won't lose it ( also a good thing 👍).
Don't do cable tie up real tight as the frame movement will break it.

View attachment 93350
I just used some loctite 243 and torqued up to spec... Been ok for 18 months.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles