Anyone got their Specialized TCU 2 visor crack out of nowhere?

lauraridesebikes

Feb 15, 2023
Brasil
Hey there! I own both a Turbo Levo Expert 2022 and a Kenevo SL Expert 2022, and my TCU visors cracked. I didn’t crash, misuses my bike, leave it out in the sun inside
the car, or in the bait the truck. I live in Brasil, and purchased the bikes here, and also tried to take them to two Specialized Authorized Dealers, and the Rider Care said that’s not covered under their warranty policy.

Anyone here had the same problem ?

Specialized Brasil also hasn’t given me an option to replace these visors… and I’m afraid humidity might get into them.

Also, because I am an instructor out here, and use my bike to do trail maintenance at a bike park out here, my Turbo Levo’s screen has been cracking more because of the vibration that result from riding an e-bike on trails.

For now, I have stopped using the Turbo Levo, so it doesn’t crack more, and I’m going to put some protective clear sticker on them.

But I’m desperate to find a solution! Anyone able to help out with some info on this?

I also know of two other bikes where that has happened here in Brasil.

1E879029-98F9-4CDA-99A1-8DB3F6612CC5.jpeg 089C8D11-F110-4B91-A3EC-AAF3FD812A8E.jpeg F7F9F32D-0692-41D4-B9CB-235F3EAF4B0F.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Maybe ur pressing the screen to hard .

Or it could be the type of gloves ???

1676584727468.png

It's strange how the crack goes the same way each time and starts either 1/4 or 1/3 down on the right. Is it happening when riding or when the bikes being moved/stored ? If it's riding it's not something like a chest cam or elbow protection ?! (something on the rider) which is inadvertently impacting the screen/screen edge ?

I see you're riding flats, you don't carry spare pedals in your pockets ? ;-)

Your Stems as low as it could possibly go, there's nothing on the bars hitting it ?

lauraridesebikes

Feb 15, 2023
Brasil
Hah , I wish it was either of those things. I’ve never pressed the screen, only the button underneath it to turn it on, and if I was riding with metal gloves, I’d have to be way cooler than I am.

Neither the bars or anything on the cockpit are hitting it. I’ve checked. They clear the visor area.

And the black’s bike visor has been cracking more and more as I ride on the trails.

And I know that’s everyone’s story when they go into a bike shop and they have a problem with thei bike is: “I was just riding along and then… “. But I’ve gone out for a ride, maybe some trail building (and I don’t carry the shovels, or tools while riding the bike) , and when I went back home I saw the screen with a crack. And it happened twice! It’s like lightening striking the same spot twice.

I am always careful with these bikes because they’re super expensive out here. I don’t leave them on the heat, and always stash them safely.

Maybe is just my luck, but Specialized Brasil is having a better look at the case, and I’m going to put some protective stickers on top of it.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I appreciate you have said you do not leave the bikes in the sun............BUT.............most especially on the orange bike it looks like the glass ( I assume its glass?) is being pushed from below...ie by air pressure within the TCU body. On the orange bike it has pushed the glass away from the glue securing it on the top and both sides. For it happen on both bikes suggests it is an environmental issue rather than any weird installation issue of the TCU.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
My screen just cracked. Bike was turned on at the start of a race and in one of the transit legs in between trails my mate noticed it was cracked. Nothing touched the screen from when I turned it on up to this point. Interesting to see what Specialized say.

lauraridesebikes

Feb 15, 2023
Brasil
My screen just cracked. Bike was turned on at the start of a race and in one of the transit legs in between trails my mate noticed it was cracked. Nothing touched the screen from when I turned it on up to this point. Interesting to see what Specialized say.
Hey there, would love to hear what solution they present to you on this issue. I'm really sorry it happened to you, and hoping you don't get anymore issues on your bike.

cspo

Jul 15, 2021
Msk
Hah , I wish it was either of those things. I’ve never pressed the screen, only the button underneath it to turn it on, and if I was riding with metal gloves, I’d have to be way cooler than I am.

Neither the bars or anything on the cockpit are hitting it. I’ve checked. They clear the visor area.

And the black’s bike visor has been cracking more and more as I ride on the trails.

And I know that’s everyone’s story when they go into a bike shop and they have a problem with thei bike is: “I was just riding along and then… “. But I’ve gone out for a ride, maybe some trail building (and I don’t carry the shovels, or tools while riding the bike) , and when I went back home I saw the screen with a crack. And it happened twice! It’s like lightening striking the same spot twice.

I am always careful with these bikes because they’re super expensive out here. I don’t leave them on the heat, and always stash them safely.

Maybe is just my luck, but Specialized Brasil is having a better look at the case, and I’m going to put some protective stickers on top of it.
This may happen when steerer rotates 180 degrees, rear mech + brake cables push hard over TCU. A lot of pressure there, despite max stack height. Mine have a few marks :( I see you have the same marks on orange bike.

Brian01

Sep 30, 2023
New Zealand
Just recently happened me, bike brought four months ago, no falls etc, just normal gravel trails. Has any one heard back from Specialized and what was there response.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles