2022+ Turbo Levo MasterMind TCU won’t beep

RareBird

Jun 9, 2022
Mendocino, CA
I just updated the display firmware on my US based Expert and noticed that I can’t get it to beep regardless of the settings in Mission Control. I believe when I first set up the bike I disabled the beeping which I found pretty anemic anyway. But to test the new ‘Race Start Beep’ feature I turned all beeping features - crickets. I’ve reset the TCU twice to no avail, but am reluctant to do a factory reset as that will apparently zero out my odometer. Is there a way to reset the odometer after a factory reset?

I’ve talked with Specialized via Chat and Voice and have filed a ticket. There was apparently one other report of this phenomenon, but it’s also quite possible the beeper component in my TCU has failed.

Otherwise loving the Levo.

Beepin’ Beepless,
Arlo

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Got my new Levo from my LBS last week with all latest updates installed, everything works flawless, 'Race Start Beep' is funny, I set it in the app and everything's fine. Have you tried reinstalling the app? Might be an issue on that end.

RareBird

Jun 9, 2022
Mendocino, CA
did you get it working my levo SL no longer bleeps- i miss it 🤣🤣🤣
First, I discovered that my bike did beep, just very quietly to my 62 yo ears (Some loss of high frequency hearing, I guess). Specialized sent a new TCU installed by my LBS, but its beep is every bit as weak as the old unit. I never hear any of the beep sounds it can produce unless in a quiet room with my head within 2’ of the TCU. To demonstrate the issue to Specialized II shared a video shot with my iPhone of the behavior. I could hear the beep better in the replay of that video than from the bike itself. I like the idea of the alarm, but it’s the quietest alarm on this planet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles