Anyone else treat their Emtb like trash?

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Each day my bike is looking more like trash. I just need to know I'm not the only one who neglects their bike.

I see all these shiny bikes with their invisframe looking like they came straight out of a catalogue and it makes me sad.

20200531_175114.jpg

20200531_175105.jpg

20200531_172209.jpg

20200531_171337.jpg

20200531_171318.jpg

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Funny thing is that is just after a wash. The chain is clean because I only use wax and it's a freshly waxed chain. No need for chain oil when it barely ever rains.

I'm more referring to the paint job and the numerous chunks out of it.

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
Mine looks the same, and I think a mountain bike which used as intended will look eventually like that. I keep it clean, service it regulalry, but I look at it as a tool which need to serve me, so I will not do things differently because it may damage my paint, or scratch it.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Funny thing is that is just after a wash. The chain is clean because I only use wax and it's a freshly waxed chain. No need for chain oil when it barely ever rains.

I'm more referring to the paint job and the numerous chunks out of it.
Don’t be sad.

As Kung Fu Panda would say... “ooh, authentic battle damage!” (y)

Reactions: iXi

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
A little effort on protection will be rewarded with a faster sale and a better price. IMO. :)
Funny thing about this is, if you’re into electric guitars sometimes battered marks and scratches does exactly that! So much so that manufacturers would “relic” a guitar for you at the factory and charge you a whole lot extra. Kinda like when being cool made it too embarrassing to wear new pristine jeans so companies faded and stone-washed it for us and charged us extra... or a boutique shop will rip it up and display it under spotlights for $300+ for the privilege of getting our knees to poke out when we sit.

It’s only a matter of time. Think of it... brand new EEBs with pre-worn factory finishes!:rolleyes:

Personally I might go for the Sam Hill Signature ‘post World Cup series’ finish. A grand extra is a small price to pay to earn me some undeserved race-cred while waiting at the ski-lifts. :giggle:

I can just imagine some marketing dude seriously thinking about how he could present this idea at the next board meeting.:rolleyes: :D

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Each day my bike is looking more like trash. I just need to know I'm not the only one who neglects their bike.

I see all these shiny bikes with their invisframe looking like they came straight out of a catalogue and it makes me sad.

View attachment 32451

View attachment 32452

View attachment 32453

View attachment 32454

View attachment 32455
Seen worse can't remember where ? at local dump probably. Seriously my expert is a year old in 3 days it looks worse than my 6 year old Nicolai especially cranks and some definitely chips that could only be stones bouncing off frame at high speed. Rather a chip out of the frame paint than my shin. Well used really I have a seakayak the same I scurry in to the water so the squeaky clean team don't see the scrapes.

geehaw

Nov 17, 2019
Melbourne Australia
If it doesn't bother you don't worry about it. I hate the look of a scratched and chipped bike. I have invisiframe protection and helitape on most exposed parts which helps. I still get chips and scratches on some areas but I use touch up paint/nail polish to cover them up.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I don't trust anyone whose bike looks like a show car
Unrelated I know but somehow your statement reminded me of a couple of sayings former female colleagues of mine confided in me once.

“I never trust a man who can’t or won’t dance.”

“I don’t trust a man who doesn’t do the crazy every once in a while.”

Women... who can even understand them. I guess that’s why they always fall for the danger man on a motorcycle with a packet of cigarettes tucked under a T-shirt sleeve... :unsure:

Obviously they knew I was crazy and can dance if I had to, haha! :giggle:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Unrelated I know but somehow your statement reminded me of a couple of sayings former female colleagues of mine confided in me once.

“I never trust a man who can’t or won’t dance.”

“I don’t trust a man who doesn’t do the crazy every once in a while.”

Women... who can even understand them. I guess that’s why they always fall for the danger man on a motorcycle with a packet of cigarettes tucked under a T-shirt sleeve... :unsure:

Obviously they knew I was crazy and can dance if I had to, haha! :giggle:
I love me who do you love haha

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles