Has this ever happened to anyone else?

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
Riding up a steep rocky track in turbo and my derailleur (Sram GX) snapped either side of where it attaches to the hanger. I didn't hit a rock, or get a branch stuck it, it just snapped while I was pedalling. The bike is about 3 weeks old and has done 164km. Thankfully the chain wasn't too badly twisted and I was able to shorten it to make a single speed for the 5km ride back to the car. The specialized swat chain tool came in very handy. Has anyone else's derailleur broken in a similar fashion?

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

sparkyveg

Oct 19, 2018
Cornwall
Riding up a steep rocky track in turbo and my derailleur (Sram GX) snapped either side of where it attaches to the hanger. I didn't hit a rock, or get a branch stuck it, it just snapped while I was pedalling. The bike is about 3 weeks old and has done 164km. Thankfully the chain wasn't too badly twisted and I was able to shorten it to make a single speed for the 5km ride back to the car. The specialized swat chain tool came in very handy. Has anyone else's derailleur broken in a similar fashion?

View attachment 8507

View attachment 8508

View attachment 8509
mines done that twice once a stick in works second time unknown.Use cheaper version now with steel side plates works okay cheers sparkyveg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles