Anyone else been ruined by their ebike?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Cyclists tend to sound like absolute dweebs. Why wouldn't you think E bike riders would come up with a whole new set of pointless cringeworthy terminology. 😏

Formulasuper

Mar 9, 2022
Atlanta
My emtb has saved me, not ruined me!

I am not as fit as I was before arthritis in my knees got to me (7 years ago), but I am a lot fitter than I was before I got the emtb. Back then I was down to 10 miles every three days. Now I can do 20-30 miles any time I want, so of course I am fitter than I was pre emtb.
Same here; saved me, not ruined me. Being 72 and having suffered a cardiac arrest 18 months ago I can no longer make it up the biggest hills, so without an emtb I would be finished.

DCErik

Apr 26, 2022
NOVA, USA
I’ve rode work for a while on a Nukeproof mega AM so not a light trail bike really so pedalling I though I was good at fitness wise, ive only been using a new e bike 1 week which I get to and from work on. I went back to the Nukeproof for 1 day and it destroyed me, i think i was probably trying to keep the same pace as my e bike which was my downfall, i was sweating profusely and legs were burning. I blame the e bike 🥸

This is very much what I meant by my title, and riding my pushbike this weekend I noticed the same thing; don't try to keep up an ebike pace and all is well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles