Anyone else been ripped off by Galfer?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I ordered some Galfer rotors 3 months ago. First of all they charged me $60 to ship a package that should cost $30 to ship. I presumed they were adding on taxes and customs fees, but no, I was also charged taxes and custom fees when the package arrived. Then things went even further downhill. They sent me the wrong rotors.

Ok, fair enough mistakes happen. They did initially reply to my emails and offered to send the correct rotors and emailed me a shipping label to return the original rotors. One month later... still no replacement rotors and now they are not responding to my emails.

Anyone else had problems with Galfer? Maybe they are in financial trouble? Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I ordered some Galfer rotors 3 months ago. First of all they charged me $60 for a $30 package. I presumed they were adding on taxes and customs fees, but no, I was also charged taxes and custom fees when the package arrived. Then things went even further downhill. They sent me the wrong rotors.

Ok, fair enough mistakes happen. They did initially reply to my emails and offered to send the correct rotors and emailed me a shipping label to return the original rotors. One month later... still no replacement rotors and now they are not responding to my emails.

Anyone else had problems with Galfer? Maybe they are in financial trouble? Maybe I've just been unlucky.

they might not have the correct rotors in stock to ship to you. To suggest that they are in financial trouble and that’s why you haven’t gotten your rotors is a little silly, they are a big company. They are an OEM supplier to KTM.

what did you order?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
they might not have the correct rotors in stock to ship to you. To suggest that they are in financial trouble and that’s why you haven’t gotten your rotors is a little silly, they are a big company. They are an OEM supplier to KTM.

what did you order?
They told me a month ago they were going to send the correct rotors. I ordered the 223mm version. If they didn't have them - then fair enough - they could have told me and could have offered me a refund or asked me to wait. I would have gladly accepted either. But, instead they told me they would send the correct rotors - but then nothing.

Usually when companies say they are going to send something, but then don't, and also stop replying to emails - well that's not usually a good sign.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
They told me a month ago they were going to send the correct rotors. I ordered the 223mm version. If they didn't have them - then fair enough - they could have told me and could have offered me a refund or asked me to wait. I would have gladly accepted either. But, instead they told me they would send the correct rotors - but then nothing.

I work for a shop in Langley, we have some 223mm in stock. If you wanted to see if they’ll refund you and I can set some aside for you.

Last edited:

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I work for a shop in Langley, we have some 223mm in stock. If you wanted to see if they’ll refund you and I can set some aside for you.
That would be great and much appreciated.
I’ve contacted my credit card company and am trying to get a refund that way. I don’t like to complain about a company online, and I’m usually complimentary on here about the companies I’ve dealt with (such as YT and Commencal), but this has been a bad experience with Galfer. Was just wondering if I’m alone/unlucky in this instance, or if this is a common problem with Galfer.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
That would be great and much appreciated.
I’ve contacted my credit card company and am trying to get a refund that way. I don’t like to complain about a company online, and I’m usually complimentary on here about the companies I’ve dealt with (such as YT and Commencal), but this has been a bad experience with Galfer. Was just wondering if I’m alone/unlucky in this instance, or if this is a common problem with Galfer.

To give you some context, I've ordered from them in the past and it showed stock. After I paid and followed up with them 2 weeks later as to why I hadn't received my rotors they responded to said that they were still back ordered. Any local shop in BC can order these from NRG (distributor) for you and they work out to about the same price. I know because Galfer ships with UPS and you'll be on the hook for about $50 to $60 in taxes and brokerage for the shipment. So once that's factored in its a wash for pricing.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
To give you some context, I've ordered from them in the past and it showed stock. After I paid and followed up with them 2 weeks later as to why I hadn't received my rotors they responded to said that they were still back ordered. Any local shop in BC can order these from NRG (distributor) for you and they work out to about the same price. I know because Galfer ships with UPS and you'll be on the hook for about $50 to $60 in taxes and brokerage for the shipment. So once that's factored in its a wash for pricing.
That’s good to know. Thanks for the info.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I have 2 of their 223 rotors. Both pulsating like mad. They told me it’s my set up / pads / calipers ect,,,,, Got Maguras. Bang !!! No more problems. F off galpher

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles