Another Serious Lake District MTB Crash today - Think about the consequences to emergency services attending during covid!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Stopped the group forum Rides for the liability reason mainly. First one we had about 8 of us. The last one almost 50 riders turned up...

I looked into doing it properly and the amount of paperwork and support we’d need to organise a single ride was crazy... and that removed all the fun from riding with mates.
Yes I can only imagine. Risk assessment etc etc etc. Thing is Rob it limits clubs encouraging youngsters as well under a certain age , plus you need certs for this and a cert for that .

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
No it's a Sea kayaking club . I just post if anyone fancies a paddle . Supposed to put peer paddle for legal reasons. Know what you mean though if you encouraged anyone to do something and they get hurt you could find yourself in trouble. Your best mates wife might not like it when he is months in hospital.
but also in retrospect its "doing at own free will"

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Stopped the group forum Rides for the liability reason mainly. First one we had about 8 of us. The last one almost 50 riders turned up...

I looked into doing it properly and the amount of paperwork and support we’d need to organise a single ride was crazy... and that removed all the fun from riding with mates.
I thought this was only a problem if doing for reward ?

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
I totally agree but if it's your idea and it goes tits up it opens up a massive can of worms.
whats the can of worms? whats the legalities?
if i said to you jump of K2, and you did why would that
be my problem?
with payment for services is a different ball game, you
have a contractual agreement, would you concur?
as Rob said earlier "stopped the group forum rides"
the main word being "forum" ( a paid business)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Its all about the "blame society" ,"woke tossers " and ambulance chasing solicitors trying to screw quids out of the unwary.
My local RAF cadets has been seriously restricted by all the rules and regulations being dreamed up by paid tossers who have had nothing else to do during lockdown other than write more rules . Its killing it for everyone ....:(

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I sometimes worry about riding with myself in this day and age in case I decide to sue myself one day for being so stupid.
You can only sue yourself if the other Zim asked you to follow him off a cliff and therefore make you ride beyond your limits, whatever that means. Otherwise you're good and quite safe from self-harm and self-litigation. Or better yet, just ride by yourself but you have to leave your second ebike at home, which would be a shameful waste of good money. But hey, my lips are sealed... what happens in fight club stays in fight club. ?

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
You can only sue yourself if the other Zim asked you to follow him off a cliff and therefore make you ride beyond your limits, whatever that means. Otherwise you're good and quite safe from self-harm and self-litigation. Or better yet, just ride by yourself but you have to leave your second ebike at home, which would be a shameful waste of good money. But hey, my lips are sealed... what happens in fight club stays in fight club. ?
Zimm`s a "doppelganger" Grandpa ?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Zimm`s a "doppelganger" Grandpa ?
I'm afraid not, @Zimmerframe has no doppelgänger.

There's only one of him - but his two spit personalities manifests at the same time when he rides together with himself. Sometimes the two of him would fight against each other instead of ride together. It looks really weird in reality, but to him he's just having a good fun time enjoying his own company. But it gets even more weird when he tries to sue himself.

It'll make more sense if you watch the movie FightClub...

self fight.gif

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
That's Zimm..?
Gotta say that it's not the picture I had of him in my minds eye ..?
Zim and I don’t look alike that’s for sure. But who’s to say I’m not really his other him when he thinks he’s asleep? The ‘one’ of us might just like to enjoy answering each other’s posts. And oh, I could be the other one that looks like Brad Pit! Ya just neva knowz! :devilish:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles