Lake District Becomes Effortless!

Flimbo

Feb 13, 2024
England
With more friends jumping on board with e-bikes I couldn’t fight the urge any longer and got my first ebike (Merida e160 9000) in August last year.

I’ve got a good amount of experience of pushing and carrying bikes up mountains in the English Lake District so I was super keen to see the difference with some assist!

It was, as expected, amazing and we managed two different rides on the first day. Epic! I’m still riding my non assist bike but why did I wait so long to get the ebike?! Do you still manage a blend of e-bike and normal bike or has the e-bike now completely taken over?

If anybody would like a watch, here’s the edit - one longer video and a short highlights edit.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Last year me and a couple of buddies did an incredible loop from the Walna Scar car park at Coniston via Dunnerdale which concluded with the vicious climb up and the incredible decent of Walna Scar Road back to the car park……my favourite ride to date on an ebike.

Flimbo

Feb 13, 2024
England
Walna Scar is a fun descent, isn’t it? That’s the loop we finished up with on Sunday. Much more enjoyable (up and down!) on the e-bike this time. 😃

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
E-bikes are adventure machines. I had wanted one for a few years but the price point wasn't ideal. It wasn't even on my radar until I noticed some moto companies in my area selling them for like 40-50% off so It was time to do it. I love it.
In the summer I did a roughly 1800 meters climb to the top of some epic backcountry terrain. My brakes were on fire 🤣

I was the first in my group to get one, now one other friend has one and some others are soon to follow in the next year or two. We have great terrain and access for emtb so it really is a good move.

gsum

Jul 31, 2021
Lake District
With more friends jumping on board with e-bikes I couldn’t fight the urge any longer and got my first ebike (Merida e160 9000) in August last year.

I’ve got a good amount of experience of pushing and carrying bikes up mountains in the English Lake District so I was super keen to see the difference with some assist!

It was, as expected, amazing and we managed two different rides on the first day. Epic! I’m still riding my non assist bike but why did I wait so long to get the ebike?! Do you still manage a blend of e-bike and normal bike or has the e-bike now completely taken over?

If anybody would like a watch, here’s the edit - one longer video and a short highlights edit.

Nice videos. Could I suggest that you replace the muzak with 4'33" by John Cage or just the crunch of tyres on ground?

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria

looks a good ride, ebikes are great !! i love mine, well untill my deraillure snapped yesterday, right where you were riding back to torver. how far was you 2nd ride you did from Torver ? ive done most of that one as well, but not the big decent before you climb up to walna scar road.

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
One thing I should mention is before I got the e-bike, I used to do shuttles with friends with some of the shuttles being over 900 meters vertical in 1 shuttle run. So shuttling was the way to go. Thats the only reason I would keep a regular bike at this point, just a full on dh bike for shuttling and bike parks. But it seems I can do dh just as well on the e-bike and I almost never go to the whistler bike park so I probably won't bother with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles