Had scary crash today.

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
Handle bar hit a tree and sent me flying over a 4ft embankment, landed square on my back with 50lb bike crashing on top.

Fate was on my side as I avoided all the jagged rocks and landed in leaves and dirt.
Was left with minor bruises and bike had a bent brake lever.

Stay safe.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Handle bar hit a tree and sent me flying over a 4ft embankment, landed square on my back with 50lb bike crashing on top.

Fate was on my side as I avoided all the jagged rocks and landed in leaves and dirt.

Stay safe.

Glad you're ok! Took a spill myself a while back and my un-helmeted head/face narrowly missed a large stone. That convinced me to start wearing a Bell full face helmet. Not wearing the torso body armor just yet but did so every time on the 300cc 2T dirt bike.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Did the same and gave me a bit of a shock as generally ride alone.Nearly broke my hip and as now 56 don't heal too quick so bought TLD full armour and FF helmet.Get well soon

20210113_185616.jpg

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
You folks need to learn about R I C E .
Rest , Ice , Compression ,Elevation . Helps avoid those big purple bruises and decreases time off the bike substantially .
Arnica is another healing tool worth researching too .

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
Did the same and gave me a bit of a shock as generally ride alone.Nearly broke my hip and as now 56 don't heal too quick so bought TLD full armour and FF helmet.Get well soon

View attachment 60928
Wow, yeah I'm 60 but always ride with my brother (57).
That wreck looks worse than mine, heel up my man.

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
Wow that is scary. Just takes a split second right!

As the sole breadwinner in the house, I made the call to go with a full face helmet (Smith Mainline), Leatt 3DF 3.0 Impact Shorts, and Leatt Body Protector 3DF Airfit Light and just bought the G-Form E-Line Mountain Bike Knee Guard to replace my torn up Kali pads on all my rides. I worry that I look like a dork with all that protection, but then I remember what can happen. At 47 I also heal a lot slower. Granted, this protection is not going to eliminate the chance of getting hurt (i.e. broken bones), but even after a few minor crashes I know it does help.

Glad you are ok!!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Wow that is scary. Just takes a split second right!

As the sole breadwinner in the house, I made the call to go with a full face helmet (Smith Mainline), Leatt 3DF 3.0 Impact Shorts, and Leatt Body Protector 3DF Airfit Light and just bought the G-Form E-Line Mountain Bike Knee Guard to replace my torn up Kali pads on all my rides. I worry that I look like a dork with all that protection, but then I remember what can happen. At 47 I also heal a lot slower. Granted, this protection is not going to eliminate the chance of getting hurt (i.e. broken bones), but even after a few minor crashes I know it does help.

Glad you are ok!!
You sound like @Zimmerframe who will be delighted to inspect this post ?

Some nice kit there nearly as bad as me!!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Stay safe.
Easily done I crashed and goosed ribs cost me 7 grand in wages ouch. Week later mate totally smashed elbow on road bike its pinned and wired now. 3 weeks later other mate ebike 6 broken ribs and collar bone as well.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
You folks need to learn about R I C E .
Rest , Ice , Compression ,Elevation . Helps avoid those big purple bruises and decreases time off the bike substantially .
Arnica is another healing tool worth researching too .
R I C E a few half portions would do the trick ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles