Another North Manchester newbie

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
20180522_160129.jpg

Hi all.

I'm Mark from just outside Manchester, aged 56. Had my 2018 comp carbon since the first shipment to LeisureLakes in August 2017, so almost a year.
In that time I've done almost a thousand miles on it, mainly at trail centres. Ride most at Llandegla, Lee Quarry and Gisburn but work away quite a bit so also ride Whinlatter, Afan, Cwmcarn and Swinley regularly. Cwmcarn currently my fave as the Carfell trail is epic on an ebike, although I hated it on my previous acoustic. Been riding since the 80s and still have a couple of other bikes including a YT Tues and a fat bike, but the Levo has to be the best yet.

Cheers.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
Hi Mark,

Good to hear from a fellow North Mancunian.

I'm up at Lee Quarry a few times a week and like you, I tend to do Degla and Gizzie quite a bit.

I've got a blue Kenevo- say hello if you spot me- I'll keep an eye out for you at the quarry.

Happy pedalling,

Jamie

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Hi Mark,

Good to hear from a fellow North Mancunian.

I'm up at Lee Quarry a few times a week and like you, I tend to do Degla and Gizzie quite a bit.

I've got a blue Kenevo- say hello if you spot me- I'll keep an eye out for you at the quarry.

Happy pedalling,

Jamie
Jamie

i'll keep an eye out for you. i'm normally there first thing either Saturdays or Sundays, and often ride up from the Bamford side over Rooley moor, 2 laps of LQ and then back.

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
We're quite spoiled for choice oop North- Peak district on our doorstep, North Wales an hour away and the lake district just round the corner.

Will have to try Whinlatter sometime!
North loop at Whinlatter is excellent,in fact I'd rather do 2 laps of the north loop than one lap of each.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
i'll keep an eye out for you. i'm normally there first thing either Saturdays or Sundays, and often ride up from the Bamford side over Rooley moor, 2 laps of LQ and then back.

I went up there about 4pm yesterday after I picked my bike up from Leisure lakes- Like you, I ride up through Norden/Bamford, sometimes go round Naden reservoir if I want the extra distance and do a couple of laps, sometimes throwing in a lap of Cragg as well. Love the descent back to rooley moor!

Hope you're loving your E-bike as much as I love mine. I'm sure I'll bump into you sometime soon.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
I go to Hammers a fair bit, out of all the places I ride I see the fewest ebikes there. Don’t know why though the place is infinitely better on one!
Yeah I’m there a lot rarely see ebikes, get a few haters there too, only yesterday one guy was getting little bit arsy we were actually trying to have some crack and banter but he was being a proper arse, then proceeded to follow us down some tasty sections thinking we couldn’t ride needless to say he never got past or had anything to show ?some of them think we can’t ride bikes the nobs ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Yeah I’m there a lot rarely see ebikes, get a few haters there too, only yesterday one guy was getting little bit arsy we were actually trying to have some crack and banter but he was being a proper arse, then proceeded to follow us down some tasty sections thinking we couldn’t ride needless to say he never got past or had anything to show ?some of them think we can’t ride bikes the nobs ?

Unfortunately I think it’s a bit of a northern thing, when I go to Cannock the place is literally half full of ebikes sometimes. I’ve never had anyone be particularly arsy at Hammers but my friends who don’t ride ebikes often tell me they are still chundering under their breath about ebikes by the time they go past them on the climbs too ?

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Unfortunately I think it’s a bit of a northern thing, when I go to Cannock the place is literally half full of ebikes sometimes. I’ve never had anyone be particularly arsy at Hammers but my friends who don’t ride ebikes often tell me they are still chundering under their breath about ebikes by the time they go past them on the climbs too ?
If ever you up Hammers and see us I ride a Levo my Pal a Kenevo both black, give us a shout buddy.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
If ever you up Hammers and see us I ride a Levo my Pal a Kenevo both black, give us a shout buddy.

?? Next time we’re off I’ll try remember to DM you on here, keen for some locals to show us more off piste, it’s a good hour and half away from us but we like riding there so make the trip up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles