Greetings from North Manchester

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I took possession of my Kenevo Turbo Expert Yesterday.

I made my decision after research on here and the wider internet. I was slightly reckless in not having the patience to test ride anything first. I went to my LBS (Leisure Lakes Bury), traded in my Carbon Focus Sam (which I truly loved) and waited with anticipation until my bike was ready.

I then took it to my nearest trails for an easy 30km loop and experienced a whole new flavour of trail riding that I didn't even know existed.

I was initially a bit apprehensive at being on a bike almost twice the weight of my previous ride. I was completely ignorant of the confidence that the extra weight would inspire and the surefooted feeling that it would give.

Before I rode it, I was particularly looking forward to passing the clockwork bikes on the shuttle runs up, but didn't realise the best bit would be gaining greater flow when the trails flattened out or pointed slightly upwards. I didn't even think that it would be possible to go faster whilst the Kenevo pointed downwards, but it did.

I'm absolutely convinced that this Kenevo was the best thing I've ever purchased and can't wait to put thousands of miles on it. I have really enjoyed the forums as a guest and appreciate the wealth of information and knowledge on here.

Hope everyone is enjoying their bike as much as I am mine. Hope to see some of you on the trail sometime.

Jamie

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
Thanks for the warm welcome, Dave.

I am literally spending every moment off my kenevo thinking about being back on it. Glad to have access to a community of like-minded people who are as enthusiastic as me!

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Out of interest did you succumb to the shiny shiny 2019 models

I was all set on buying the new blue Kenevo, until i saw the Cali Fade in the flesh. Gorgeous. And then, I successfully pushed for a cheeky deal.
I could get it painted professionally and still save money on the 5.5k list price.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I was all set on buying the new blue Kenevo, until i saw the Cali Fade in the flesh. Gorgeous. And then, I successfully pushed for a cheeky deal.
I could get it painted professionally and still save money on the 5.5k list price.
That does sound cheeky ....but how cheeky

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I took the new Blue Kenevo. Liked the Cali fade as well- looks really good in the flesh.

The black looked okay, but not my style. Happy I chose the blue- it gets plenty of comments at the trails.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I took the new Blue Kenevo. Liked the Cali fade as well- looks really good in the flesh.

The black looked okay, but not my style. Happy I chose the blue- it gets plenty of comments at the trails.
Couldn’t agree more! The only reason I got black is because it would be easier to resell later.
Madhester eh?
One simple question then:
Oasis or The Stone Roses?

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
I got black is because it would be easier to resell later.

I know you're in the industry but what makes you say that, I've seen you mention it a couple of times?
I'm more inclined to buy what I like as opposed to what I think someone else will like in the future.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I know you're in the industry but what makes you say that, I've seen you mention it a couple of times?
I'm more inclined to buy what I like as opposed to what I think someone else will like in the future.
My guess is due to his experience in sales of bikes more sedate colours appeal to a broader range similar to cars sales I assume

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I would think that Specialized will discontinue the Kenevo in the cali fade and blue colourways in the not-too distant future; whilst I imagine a black Kenevo would be a perpetual offering- hence the more vivid colours will date the bike more easily once they are no longer available?

Oh, and Oasis, for sure, Al.

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
My guess is due to his experience in sales of bikes more sedate colours appeal to a broader range similar to cars sales I assume
I would think that Specialized will discontinue the Kenevo in the cali fade and blue colourways in the not-too distant future; whilst I imagine a black Kenevo would be a perpetual offering- hence the more vivid colours will date the bike more easily once they are no longer available?

Oh, and Oasis, for sure, Al.
The murdered out matte black look is still as popular as it is boring.
At our shop we have sold Black over Cali Fade 20 to 1
My Kenevo is a bike I will probably sell in the Spring and I know it will be easier to flip in all black. Bikes have terrible resale value as it is.
Here in SoCal people will vinyl wrap a brand new G Wagon or Maserati in matte black because that’s what all of the Hip Hop guys do.
The correct answer is Joy Division

Last edited:

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
The logic seems to stand up re: colourway and ultimately, sales figures don't lie. Is it possible that there'll be an over-supply of used Kenevos in black at some point, though?

If your Kenevo goes in the spring, Al, what will replace it?

It's great that Manchester is internationally regarded for it's music; although, the Joy Division/Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/Oasis debate usually depends on how long in the tooth the protagonists are.....

Guess I'm about 8-10 years younger than you, Al???? :p

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
The logic seems to stand up re: colourway and ultimately, sales figures don't lie. Is it possible that there'll be an over-supply of used Kenevos in black at some point, though?

If your Kenevo goes in the spring, Al, what will replace it?

It's great that Manchester is internationally regarded for it's music; although, the Joy Division/Stone Roses/Happy Mondays/Oasis debate usually depends on how long in the tooth the protagonists are.....

Guess I'm about 8-10 years younger than you, Al???? :p
I’m not sure what will replace it. Maybe another Kenevo. I’m 43 and was only 4 years old when Ian Curtis died. So I never experienced Joy Division in their heyday.

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I was lucky enough to be a teenager right through the rise and fall of Oasis and have fond memories of my teen years in manchester in the mid nineties; hence my preference.

Wish I could get a new bike every season- as it is my Kenevo will have to last two years. Can't wait to see how the tech moves on by the time I buy a new bike- would love to see YT enter the market by then and maybe a Santa Cruz E-MTB???

Exciting times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles