Another newbie from North Yorkshire

Fishter1

Mar 15, 2022
Skipton, North Yorkshire
Hi all,

Newbie from near Skipton in North Yorkshire.

I had my Whyte T130 S MTB stolen last week, along with my road bike and Enduro Motorbike.
Whyte.jpg
Hopefully looking to replace with an E MTB in the future once the insurance pays out.

Tempted by a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 but I'm currently in major research mode and checking out all of the different options and youtube videos etc!

If anyone knows of any demo days in the near future that would be great, would love to try out a few bikes before committing!

Thanks!

Stephen

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi all,

Newbie from near Skipton in North Yorkshire.

I had my Whyte T130 S MTB stolen last week, along with my road bike and Enduro Motorbike.
View attachment 83982
Hopefully looking to replace with an E MTB in the future once the insurance pays out.

Tempted by a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 but I'm currently in major research mode and checking out all of the different options and youtube videos etc!

If anyone knows of any demo days in the near future that would be great, would love to try out a few bikes before committing!

Thanks!

Stephen

Welcome to the world of emtb. It’s a real bummer your pride & joys all got stolen but a blessing in disguise if the insurance pays out as an EMTB will be all you need. My motorbike has been gathering dust in the garage for quite a while now

MTB Monster in Blackburn often have demo days, at Gisburn too, so worth giving them a call

Also Rob (the forum starter) has a handy vid on his opinion of the top ten emtb’s available now, worth checking out. Search for Rob Rides on YouTube

Fishter1

Mar 15, 2022
Skipton, North Yorkshire
Thanks! Yeah its frustrating that they took all my hobbies in one go, and know they're unlikely to be caught or punished for it!

I've actually been following Rob's Channel for a while so have been watching a number of his videos recently, more so over the past few days!

I've also been looking at MTB Monster's site although didn't realise they were in Blackburn. Will take another look and see if they have any upcoming Demo days.. Thanks :)

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Check out wheelbase for demo days. You have just missed one in the Lakes this weekend. But the focus stand says they are going all over the place doing demo days now that restrictions have eased.

Fishter1

Mar 15, 2022
Skipton, North Yorkshire
Check out wheelbase for demo days. You have just missed one in the Lakes this weekend. But the focus stand says they are going all over the place doing demo days now that restrictions have eased.
Yeah I’ve just seen that on their website, shame to miss it as it would have been awesome im sure!

insurance have now agreed to pay out so I’m looking to purchase in the next week or two, just debating what bike to go with!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I went from ( still have in the shed ..though gifted to my son ..who might eventually decide to ride it .. ) a Whyte T130rs to a Whyte e160rs..
I'm surprised you are considering anything else !😉😁

Fishter1

Mar 15, 2022
Skipton, North Yorkshire
I went from ( still have in the shed ..though gifted to my son ..who might eventually decide to ride it .. ) a Whyte T130rs to a Whyte e160rs..
I'm surprised you are considering anything else !😉😁

I’m mainly searching around based on availability at the moment 🤣

I’ll take a look at the RS, although I feel it’s probably above what id like to spend really…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles