Hi from North Yorkshire

ZAndy

Jul 14, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi all,

I'm am teetering on the edge of buying an E-MTB. Most likely a Levo SL Comp. The biggest question mark I have left is where to ride it!

After lots of research (huge thanks to Rob for his videos - thanks Rob!), I am comfortable with what bike I'm after, and I have had a quick go on one in a shop. The only thing left is where to ride it and how much use I can get out of it. As it's a lot of moulah to have gathering dust!

Soooo, anyone recommendations for particular rides, trails, etc? Any group rides coming up where noobs can follow the pack and learn a trail, rather than going solo on a red trail at Dalby for instance?

I've looked at local bridlepaths routes as well. Does anyone do bridlepaths or are they generally avoided as maybe not that interesting to ride an FSR on?

I suppose a tiny bit of background is I loved mountain biking in my teens, just on a hardtail, and tried to get back into it 10 years ago but Dalby inclines burned my thighs out so bad I struggled with enjoying a full day. I'm really hoping, and believing that the SL will give me the uphill help I need but feel closer to the FSR Stumpjumper Comp I had 10 years ago that I absolutely loved on sweeping trails.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers
Andy

Trancer

Feb 19, 2020
UK
You couldn't live in a better area, not in England anyhow. I often go solo on cross country bridleway routes I plot myself or copy from others in either North Yorks Moors or Yorkshire Dales. They offer continuously changing terrain and challenges. I started by watching You Tube videos. One guy I can recommend is Andy Childs and his "Trail Finder MTB" channel. He not only shows the highlights of the rides but gives links to his route files on Strava which you can download for your satnav.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Bridleways, you just have to try them and see. Some that are just field crossings with multiple gates to open end up being not worth the effort.
I’ve just done this today. A mix of technical single track climb, forest road climb, fast swooping tracks and a rocky descent, some forestry trails and some farming XC.

ZAndy

Jul 14, 2020
North Yorkshire
You couldn't live in a better area, not in England anyhow. I often go solo on cross country bridleway routes I plot myself or copy from others in either North Yorks Moors or Yorkshire Dales. They offer continuously changing terrain and challenges. I started by watching You Tube videos. One guy I can recommend is Andy Childs and his "Trail Finder MTB" channel. He not only shows the highlights of the rides but gives links to his route files on Strava which you can download for your satnav.

Thanks for that. Great recommendation, I've just watched one of his videos. Bridleways definitely worth a look then. And take note of the interesting ones.

ZAndy

Jul 14, 2020
North Yorkshire
Bridleways, you just have to try them and see. Some that are just field crossings with multiple gates to open end up being not worth the effort.
I’ve just done this today. A mix of technical single track climb, forest road climb, fast swooping tracks and a rocky descent, some forestry trails and some farming XC.

Yeah field crossing doesn't sound the greatest but depends what else is on the route. That trail sounds spot on, especially if it's local to you. I'm in-between York and Hull so hoping there's something similar near by without too much of a drive/cycle getting to it.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi. The Trailforks app is great for finding local routes or even the OS map app is dead handy and can be used as a GPS mapping device which can also follow routes. There’s tonnes of routes on the Yorkshire Wolds so no need to drive too far

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles