All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Nice, it's such a pain in the arse and it's the only thing I truly dislike with the bike!

Do you happen to have any close ups of the race spacer?

Thanks.
Yeah sure, the spacer is made by reverse components

Close up it makes the frame/fork look a tad 'gappy' but you'll soon forget it's even there. With that spacer installed I now only just get fork clearance of the frame when turning the bars.

PXL_20230908_120701115.jpg PXL_20230908_120557158.jpg PXL_20230831_151315506-01.jpeg

l3g0r

Sep 9, 2023
mordor
hi,what is the minimum crown race for fork clearance without spinblock? with fox 38 grip2?
There is with less height +3,+5 ...

J273

Aug 26, 2023
UK
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked but without going through the whole thread.

Can anyone comment on sizing on the wild? I'm 6ft and I've ordered a large wild but notice they have a low seattube for their size. For those of you same height as me what size did you go with?

Many thanks

Just coming back to this sizing question. I tried a m10 yesterday with a 750w battery. Lovely bike being my first emtb ive tried i was surprised how heavy it was but im sure ill get used to it.

Im still unsure on sizing though. Being 6ft i tried the large and it felt fine but maybe a little on the short side. They're getting me an XL to try but can anyone else comment on sizing and what you went for @ my height? I know fits a personal thing but interested to know?

Thanks

Tom115

Sep 11, 2023
France
I am 6ft and went with a large, think it fits perfectly. I am running a 170mm Rockshox AXS Reverb Dropper and could have fit a dropper with more travel but 170mm is all that I need on this bike.

Keep in mind other body dimensions play a role in how a bike "fits" you and size can be a personal preference depending on the ride characteristics you are seeking.

I think Orbea runs a lower seat tube to give you more options for longer travel droppers. Only have a couple rides on my new Wild, but it fit like a glove right out of the gate.

See pics of new Wild and of my YT Decoy that has a seat tube that's actually longer then most manufacturers. I can barely fit the same 170mm dropper.

Having owned 5 emtbs over last few years (too many Amish bikes over the years to count!) and ridden a few of my riding buddies emtbs, think the Wild is the best all-round bike I've ever rode. Climbs awesome, likes the flowy/techy stuff and more then holds its own on the knar!

View attachment 123391

Hello!
I see you replaced the brakes. Did you replaced also the hose? I read some guys struggling to slide the new hose as it seems all is blocked inside the frame.
One shop near me told that he has been obliged to remove motor/battery to get sorted...
What is you experience on this? Thanks! :)

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
hi,what is the minimum crown race for fork clearance without spinblock? with fox 38 grip2?
There is with less height +3,+5 ...
I've got 10mm crown race spacer on mine and the blue adjuster on the fork crown still tickles the downtube.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Hello!
I see you replaced the brakes. Did you replaced also the hose? I read some guys struggling to slide the new hose as it seems all is blocked inside the frame.
One shop near me told that he has been obliged to remove motor/battery to get sorted...
Yes, I did replace the hose. I have a Shigura brake set-up (Shimano Saint levers and Magura MT7 calipers with Magura MDR-P 220mm rotors) and was required to use a Magura Brake Hose. I did not have to remove or drop the battery to do this. I recommend draining all the brake fluid from hose you are changing, cur off the banjo bolt on one end, olive and bard on other so all you have is brake hose. Pull the hose out from the rear of the bike and as you are doing this, have new hose you are installing pushed against the end of the hose that is being pulled into the frame (end of hose that had olive/barb). The old hose will serve as a guide. I did remove the stem and spacers when installing the new hose to make it easier, plus I went with the aftermarket stem and used Orbea adapter that let's you run regular stem with round Spacers.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Hello!

Maybe use something like a RockShox Reverb Barb Connector. Then you should be able to easily insert a new hose while pulling out the old one.

There are similar variants from other brands if this one in particular does not fit well enough. I have not used any myself, but planning to for replacing my dropper cable housing some time in the future.

RockS.png

RockS2.png

Tom115

Sep 11, 2023
France
Thanks a lot guys :) (y)
And yes, this is exactly how I proceed usually on all my bikes. I have the reverb part and "screw" the new hose to the old one and pull.
But I read some guys were not able to do this as the existing hose seemed blocked/attached inside, so...???
Anyway I will try, thanks again!

By the way, this is to change the stock M6120 brakes to my Saint brakes. Perhaps I can keep the hose and just change levers and calipers?

Last edited:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Maybe use something like a RockShox Reverb Barb Connector. Then you should be able to easily insert a new hose while pulling out the old one.

There are similar variants from other brands if this one in particular does not fit well enough. I have not used any myself, but planning to for replacing my dropper cable housing some time in the future.

View attachment 124680
View attachment 124681
Here is another option albeit much more expensive.

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
I just swapped my brakes to Magura and it was super easy. Just had to drop the skid plate to guide the brake line above the battery.

Yann

Sep 12, 2023
Austria
Hi everyone!
Does anyone know if the new RockShox Vivid would fit on the wild 2023 :unsure: ?
Has anyone tried it yet?
thanks !

OrangeCountyRider

Aug 10, 2023
Orange County California
Just coming back to this sizing question. I tried a m10 yesterday with a 750w battery. Lovely bike being my first emtb ive tried i was surprised how heavy it was but im sure ill get used to it.

Im still unsure on sizing though. Being 6ft i tried the large and it felt fine but maybe a little on the short side. They're getting me an XL to try but can anyone else comment on sizing and what you went for @ my height? I know fits a personal thing but interested to know?

Thanks
These bikes do feel a bit small when pedaling because the seat tube is steep, but I think it’s a good thing. I’m 6’5 and ride an XL and it fits me pretty well, maybe a tad bit small for me. I think if you get the L make sure you have a 50mm stem, take out all spacers under the stem which will give you more reach to make it feel bigger, and adjust the stack by putting a higher rise bar if you need it higher

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
My XL H10 weighs 57 lbs. I think carbon saves like 2-4 lbs but I don’t think it’s worth the extra cost. My alloy bike rides great
Having primarily owned carbon emtbs, one carbon/aluminum mix and one aluminum, totally agree with your sentiment. For emtbs, IMHO carbon does add much value or performance for the price increase.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
It won't work at least so far. "PowerMore 250 is only available for eBikes with the smart system from model year 2024. ".. also in the Flow app, there is no "PowerMore" option which apparently should show. I've no idea if they plan to offer a way to retrofit.
Thanks. I've edited my post above to not spread any false hope.

Guess we will just have to wait and see. It would really surprise me if Bosch launched a unit like this that is literally meant for retrofitting if it's not compatible with the vast amount of bikes already sold. That would seem like a lost opportunity to make a lot of $$$
(unless there was a change to the main battery itself for the 24-versions that I'm not aware of(?)

That looks promising. Thanks :)

battery.png

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
Thanks. I've edited my post above to not spread any false hope.

Guess we will just have to wait and see. It would really surprise me if Bosch launched a unit like this that is literally meant for retrofitting if it's not compatible with the vast amount of bikes already sold. That would seem like a lost opportunity to make a lot of $$$
(unless there was a change to the main battery itself for the 24-versions that I'm not aware of(?)

That looks promising. Thanks :)

View attachment 125024
IMG_3974.jpeg

This is from the “blue paper” seems pretty confirmed to me 🤷‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles