All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Jerry Van

Oct 19, 2022
Minehead UK
Pick up my new 2023 Wild yesterday afternoon from my local shop and head out for a 36 km (with 815 meters of climbing) ride on the trails near my house last night.
Bike is absolutely fantastic so far, frame finish in blue carbon view is flawless.
The size XL bike handles my local preferred trails great (steep rock slabs, chunky technical rock and dry loose gravel chutes) it’s a loong bike with that 170mm fox 38 up front. Very stable though and very impressed by the technical climbing ability of the bike.
1st impressions are very good, battery is charged up and ready for a big ride day today. View attachment 117915
I’m up in Cumberland and am waiting for my bike. Looking forward to riding it.

Van Isle MTB

Apr 15, 2023
Comox Valley, BC
I’ve had mine on the Cumberland trails a few times. The bike absolutely rips the fast stuff and plows through the chunk.
See you on the trails!
Yes, I agree. I've had mine up to tackle the loose climb up lighthouse way and out to do the Queso route in Cumberland, the Wild is a perfect bike for those trails.
There is also a fun new e-bike route on forbidden plateau, climb trail is called billy goat and then a brand new decent called Velvet Thunder.

Van Isle MTB

Apr 15, 2023
Comox Valley, BC
Lovely bike! I see youve put your own stem etc on. I have the parts to do this but was concerned about the clearance of the top of the fork under the downtube with the knockblock function removed? Any issue?
Thanks, zero issues with any clearances either from the top tube with brake levers or downtube and fork crown/adjuster knobs . I've actually ripped off the rubber knockblock frame protector "sticker" on the underside of the downtube (it is only held on with an adhesive). the frame clearance has more to do with what fork (and their adjuster knob heights) you are using for any potential clearance issues, I'm on an XL frame with the stock fox 38 (170mm travel) loads of clearance to spin the fork completely around. I am still using the stock headset with integrated internal knock block function which is more to keep the rear brake hose stationary as it passes through the headset top cup. I purchased the Orbea headset adapter so that I can use any non proprietary manufacturers stem that I want.( I use a 110mm Thomson with a - 10 degree rise and a carbon Jones loop bar).

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Thanks, zero issues with any clearances either from the top tube with brake levers or downtube and fork crown/adjuster knobs . I've actually ripped off the rubber knockblock frame protector "sticker" on the underside of the downtube (it is only held on with an adhesive). the frame clearance has more to do with what fork (and their adjuster knob heights) you are using for any potential clearance issues, I'm on an XL frame with the stock fox 38 (170mm travel) loads of clearance to spin the fork completely around. I am still using the stock headset with integrated internal knock block function which is more to keep the rear brake hose stationary as it passes through the headset top cup. I purchased the Orbea headset adapter so that I can use any non proprietary manufacturers stem that I want.( I use a 110mm Thomson with a - 10 degree rise and a carbon Jones loop bar).
Thanks for taking time to reply, I'm going to do a bit of investigation with my bike when the rain stops. I'm a medium but pretty sure the fork crown will hit my frame as I had a quick look the other day..... We'll see!

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Yes, I agree. I've had mine up to tackle the loose climb up lighthouse way and out to do the Queso route in Cumberland, the Wild is a perfect bike for those trails.
There is also a fun new e-bike route on forbidden plateau, climb trail is called billy goat and then a brand new decent called Velvet Thunder.
Sweet. I’ll have to give that new route a go. Thanks for the tip!

habaden

Feb 8, 2022
Portland, OR
How does this bike ride on more mellower terrain? Is the suspension similar to that of a yeti where it requires you to be charging hard always? Or does it still feel good when you’re just cruising along.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Afternoon all, i'm doing some research on the next bike, and a wild is on the list.
Has anyone gone down the custom build route from the factory? If so how long did it take to arrive?? (I'm uk based)

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
I’m in US. I did a custom build and it took 6-8 weeks. Do not get the cosmic carbon finish as it’s pretty much a raw finish but you get the bike quicker. A painted frame is 2-3 months out.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
There are some mega deals to be had at the moment, £2k off but i'm still broken so dont want to buy a new bike for it to sit there for a month or so. But if i ordered on and it was 4-6 weeks I could get what i want, not whats in stock.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
How does this bike ride on more mellower terrain? Is the suspension similar to that of a yeti where it requires you to be charging hard always? Or does it still feel good when you’re just cruising
There are some mega deals to be had at the moment, £2k off but i'm still broken so dont want to buy a new bike for it to sit there for a month or so. But if i ordered on and it was 4-6 weeks I could get what i want, not whats in stock.
Took approximately 2 months to get my custom myo build (I’m in Canada).

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Afternoon all, i'm doing some research on the next bike, and a wild is on the list.
Has anyone gone down the custom build route from the factory? If so how long did it take to arrive?? (I'm uk based)
Also in UK, MYO 7 weeks on order, fantastic bike.

Orbea Wild 23.jpg

Cycledesign89

Jun 26, 2023
London
Has anyone got the aluminium version and would share any photos? The H10 is on my shortlist but i haven't seen any real world photos of it. The stock photos on the website look like they've just carbon copied the carbon version in photoshop. Not sure if its a real representation of the ali model.

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham
Never looked at the blue paper, just set it up as per any other bike to what you like, then fine tune etc.
Whatever you read is only a guide, but it will put you on the right track then fine tune from there.
Btw very nice bike you have there, you wont be disappointed.

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg
Hey guys, I am currently configurating my new Wild and Red Wine Carbon View is my favorite colour atm.

However I am a bit confused about the colour of the swingarm. On some bikes the swingarm seems to be painted in the Carbon View colour, in other pictures the link is black.

For example:

Coloured Swingarm
www.emtbforums.com/threads/all-new-2023-orbea-wild.31418/page-15#post-484579
fotos.emtb-news.de/p/49893?in=set

Black Swingarm
www.emtbforums.com/threads/all-new-2023-orbea-wild.31418/page-12#post-468710
www.emtb-news.de/forum/attachments/img_20230317_075926105-jpg.54737/

Can someone explain why there are differences? I'd really like the swingarm in the same colour as the frame.

Thanks!
Ruebi

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Hey guys, I am currently configurating my new Wild and Red Wine Carbon View is my favorite colour atm.

However I am a bit confused about the colour of the swingarm. On some bikes the swingarm seems to be painted in the Carbon View colour, in other pictures the link is black.

For example:

Coloured Swingarm

Black Swingarm

Can someone explain why there are differences? I'd really like the swingarm in the same colour as the frame.

Thanks!
Ruebi
Its not black? it is a funny colour to photograph though. (my favourite too)
1689667446888.png

RickS

Sep 30, 2018
Wrexham

For example:

Coloured Swingarm

Black Swingarm

Thanks!
Ruebi
If you pick main frame colour, make sure the secondary frame colour is the same.
It will be all 1 colour then

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg
If you pick main frame colour, make sure the secondary frame colour is the same.
It will be all 1 colour then
If you choose a Carbon View Colour, you cannot choose a secondary colour.

Its not black? it is a funny colour to photograph though. (my favourite too)
View attachment 120477

On some bikes it seems to be black, on others its painted. I talked to the guy with the black swingarm frame and he was a bit disappointed that the swingarm is black. In myO is it is clearly painted in Carbon View.

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC80OS80OTg0OS1uc3dqZGhiY3N4ZXUtb3JiZWF3aWxkMjAyM2RzY18wMzE1LW9yaWdpbmFsLmpwZw.jpg

Edit: Other example. Two Bikes in Carbon Raw Gloss. One with a matte black swingarm, one with a glossy Carbon View paint. Is it possible that there are two versions, one in carbon and one in aluminium, depending on the model?

IMG_7074.jpeg

IMG_7073.jpeg

Last edited:

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
WOW...what a bike.

Been riding trail and mountain 184 km last weeks. Super impressed by its capabilities as multipurpose trail and all-mountain. Riding 25 km h on technical trails in eMTB mode is hilarious. Riding berms and other downhill is also great.
You don't feel the weight of the the bike where suspension, battery and power management are so well integrated.

Coming from a Levo Gen 3 S5 and Rise XL to Wild M10 Large.
I also have the SP Levo SL 2 S4 Large for more technical trail riding.
At least for me they are a perfect combo for my type of riding.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
WOW...what a bike.

Been riding trail and mountain 184 km last weeks. Super impressed by its capabilities as multipurpose trail and all-mountain. Riding 25 km h on technical trails in eMTB mode is hilarious. Riding berms and other downhill is also great.
You don't feel the weight of the the bike where suspension, battery and power management are so well integrated.

Coming from a Levo Gen 3 S5 and Rise XL to Wild M10 Large.
I also have the SP Levo SL 2 S4 Large for more technical trail riding.
At least for me they are a perfect combo for my type of riding.
Stoked for you. Yep it’s such a good bike. I found it took me a few rides to get used to the geo (mostly wheelbase). Once I had the fast uphill cornering thing dialled, I really began to acclimate.
Now I find it surprisingly versatile though it LOVES the steep and deep.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
If you choose a Carbon View Colour, you cannot choose a secondary colour.

On some bikes it seems to be black, on others its painted. I talked to the guy with the black swingarm frame and he was a bit disappointed that the swingarm is black. In myO is it is clearly painted in Carbon View.

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC80OS80OTg0OS1uc3dqZGhiY3N4ZXUtb3JiZWF3aWxkMjAyM2RzY18wMzE1LW9yaWdpbmFsLmpwZw.jpg

Edit: Other example. Two Bikes in Carbon Raw Gloss. One with a matte black swingarm, one with a glossy Carbon View paint. Is it possible that there are two versions, one in carbon and one in aluminium, depending on the model?

View attachment 120551

View attachment 120552
Are you talking about the link? Or the swingarm (seat stays and chain stays)?
I have gloss blue carbon view and my rocker link is matte black carbon.

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Stoked for you. Yep it’s such a good bike. I found it took me a few rides to get used to the geo (mostly wheelbase). Once I had the fast uphill cornering thing dialled, I really began to acclimate.
Now I find it surprisingly versatile though it LOVES the steep and deep.
Yes wheel base is due to 64 slack but it works almost for any kind of riding.

Thinking of changing tires to 2.3 instead of installed 2.6 to get the Wild even more agile and more of an full enduro Rise feeling.

Still working with set-up, can anyone please share their suspension settings for a rider around 95 kilo?
I will visit a Fox suspension mechanic later on a correct for set up...

4drian281

Jul 24, 2023
Germany
I just bought the M20 Wild with a Rock Shox 35 and I want to upgrade the fork. Any suggestions besides the Fox 38? Can I use the Rock Shox Zeb 160/170 mm? Or is there another fork which would fit better to the bike ? Is there anything I need to know? Do I have to buy a special adapter for the brakes?

Thanks a lot 🙏

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
The Zeb would be perfect, the adapter for the brakes depends on what you have now, (from memory the 35's are a standard 180mm post to post) so if you are running 200mm rotors 20mm adapter. Again from Memory the Zeb is 200mm post to post so on a 200mm rotor no adapter needed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles