All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
That sucks Vidwiz but at least you had the skills to fix it. Have you dropped many motors before? Maybe post a pic of the fully assembled bike?

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
If it helps…… nice paint job!!

But seriously, good for you going “hands on” .
It’s a fantastic bike , once you get the bugs worked out.
Now that you’re in there might as well hard wire that light for night rides . :cool:

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
My M10 arrived last week and I've just spent the day invisiframing it! The original frame that I received went straight back under warranty for several paint issues. This one, albeit not perfect, is a lot better! The colour in the sunshine is truly outstanding! Cannot wait to take it for a spin!!!

PXL_20230603_153609582-01.jpeg PXL_20230527_130933373-01.jpeg

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Why an entire day invisiframing?
It's quite a long laborious task, especially when you're OCD won't allow for any bubbles etc. I've done about five bikes now and I'm always battling against the sunset by the close of day 😂
I also have a 3 and 1 year old so rarely get time to myself.
How fast do you do a bike??

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
It's quite a long laborious task, especially when you're OCD won't allow for any bubbles etc. I've done about five bikes now and I'm always battling against the sunset by the close of day 😂
I also have a 3 and 1 year old so rarely get time to myself.
How fast do you do a bike??
About 1.5 to 2 hours. The optimal mix of soapy water is key. Not to soapy or it takes ages to dry out and to lead or you miss the soap effect.

Van Isle MTB

Apr 15, 2023
Comox Valley, BC
Pick up my new 2023 Wild yesterday afternoon from my local shop and head out for a 36 km (with 815 meters of climbing) ride on the trails near my house last night.
Bike is absolutely fantastic so far, frame finish in blue carbon view is flawless.
The size XL bike handles my local preferred trails great (steep rock slabs, chunky technical rock and dry loose gravel chutes) it’s a loong bike with that 170mm fox 38 up front. Very stable though and very impressed by the technical climbing ability of the bike.
1st impressions are very good, battery is charged up and ready for a big ride day today.
2BB53DE8-E306-402D-9709-834E559B54C7.jpeg

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Pick up my new 2023 Wild yesterday afternoon from my local shop and head out for a 36 km (with 815 meters of climbing) ride on the trails near my house last night.
Bike is absolutely fantastic so far, frame finish in blue carbon view is flawless.
The size XL bike handles my local preferred trails great (steep rock slabs, chunky technical rock and dry loose gravel chutes) it’s a loong bike with that 170mm fox 38 up front. Very stable though and very impressed by the technical climbing ability of the bike.
1st impressions are very good, battery is charged up and ready for a big ride day today. View attachment 117915
Yah! agreed..the paint is amazing in the blue carbon view. I dig the mat finish on yours.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Well here's my day one experience with my 'fancy' bike. Several test rides in driveway were fine then I went out to the dirt and immediately got an error, power button on battery being continuously pressed. What if that had happened out in the boonies where I go? No way to limp it back, would only work for 5 seconds at a time before restarting. No one around here qualified to do the work, I would have had to pay for it and it is a mail order purchase so I had to tackle it. Battery compartment is very tight and a cable had apparently shifted and lodged itself against the power button. Was a 4 hr job for me because even after disassembling, the battery is lodged in so tight that it wouldn't just drop out and there is no way to grab it. Had to get creative. Getting it back in was a real treat too without getting it hung up on a cable, wire, or brake line. So not a fan of the clean look. Also found my size Large quite small even given the more upright seating position. Orbea says good for up to 77" tall individual and I am 73". Moved seat all the way back and rotated handlebars awkwardly forward to compensate but still cramped. 20% restocking fee so I elected to keep it for now but will likely resell at a loss. Also my H10 was 56.6 lbs which was a little disappointing. Yes, 750 battery. Hope you all have better luck than me...

View attachment 116719 View attachment 116721 View attachment 116722

Good on you for getting it done.

If you aren't aware, all e-bikes are 'projects' with multiple issues based on my reading and my own limited experiences.

That weight however makes me glad I went with a mid-power as my 43# Relay feels heavy as heck!

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Good on you for getting it done.

If you aren't aware, all e-bikes are 'projects' with multiple issues based on my reading and my own limited experiences.

That weight however makes me glad I went with a mid-power as my 43# Relay feels heavy as heck!
Feels heavy when riding it? My Wild is 51 lbs and I really don’t feel the weight is a negative.
I had to adjust to the length - 1277 wheelbase - much more than the weight.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Does anyone happen to know the correct chain length on the new wild? Or could someone please count the links? 🫣🙏

My chain broke and took a few links out and dont know the exact length know.

Cheers

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
It’s a completely different frame.

Doesn’t mean anything if they didn’t change the manufacturing process. Do you even know what was causing the frames to crack?

Because they all cracked in the same spot mine did and if they have changed how the welding the frame on the seat tube just above the motor I can see it happening again.

I hope they’ve corrected it so I don’t have to warranty any alloy ones that will be sold to our customers.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Doesn’t mean anything if they didn’t change the manufacturing process. Do you even know what was causing the frames to crack?

Because they all cracked in the same spot mine did and if they have changed how the welding the frame on the seat tube just above the motor I can see it happening again.

I hope they’ve corrected it so I don’t have to warranty any alloy ones that will be sold to ou

I hope they’ve corrected it so I don’t have to warranty any alloy ones that will be sold to our customers.
If you work at a shop you may want to ask your rep or the factory. Have a great day.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles