A source for Maxxis White Label Logo

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Maxxis however do make their white label OEM tyres to the same spec as their retail (yellow label) tyres.

Ok, that's what other sources say too, what this tread is about, and why I wanted a source for the inverse statement multiple people made here.

So can I now look further for White label Maxxis ?

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
MAXXIS is a premium tyre brand owned by Cheng Shin Rubber. (CST)
Cheng Shin have a long history in tyre manufacture including supplying lots of high and low end tyres of various specs to many other tyre and bike brands in the bike and automotive industry. So it kinda makes little sense for them to stamp a "Maxxis" logo on a truely terrible tyre. but that certainly doesn't mean complete bikes with Maxxis tyres will all come with the most expensive compounds and casings

Last edited:

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Ok, that's what other sources say too, what this tread is about, and why I wanted a source for the inverse statement multiple people made here.

So can I now look further for White label Maxxis ?
As a last resort...What about if you found a bike with the white tyres that you liked at a shop & asked the bike shop if you could order the same tyres in yellow & get them to replace them. I'm sure the future owner wouldn't care & the bike shop gets a sale?

As someone who is also comestically challenged (mine is anti bling) I feel your pain...

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hello,
I want to buy Maxxis Rekon, Rekon Race, Ikon, Forekaster, still deciding what I will buy exacly.
Does someone have a decent source for white label (oem?) tyres ?

The yellow is inacceptable, I sanded and sprayed them over on other bikes, but now I will go to Vittoria/Wtb/... if I find nothing.
Photoshop them for the photo opportunities ….you can’t see them when you’re riding!

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Do you have a source for that statement?

I read the label on them? You can buy the same model of Maxxis tire in multiple flavors, and they ride differently depending on what you buy. For where I live, cheaper versions like the OEM tires I've had come on bikes in the same model I've loved and ridden for years will predictably try to kill you. I pull them off and sell them to suckers like you.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Looking through my massive tyre stash for a rear tyre earlier tonight I found a brand new white label highroller II that came OEM on a YT Capra and it has the EXO logo but has no markings whatsoever pertaining to it's rubber compound. I have an incling it's a 60a Maxxpro though.
But even if it turned out to be single compound 70a durometer it's not going to cause me any grief at all. let alone "try to kill me" like Mr Drama Queen above seems to think. It'd simply roll faster, last longer and reach the limit of cornering traction ever so slightly earlier.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
In this thread we believe maxxis setup entirely new manufacturing lines with custom cheap compound to sell to OEMs rather than just changing a paint colour.
I’m off to Gisburn today. My mates still running a white label DHR II on the rear and a yellow label DHF on the front. I’ll pre-book the air ambulance 😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Prepare yourselves for a shock forum members …

I’ve been known to mix brands. Maxxis up front, Schwalbe on rear 😱

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Now I am worried, will I survive the next bike trip. I have a white lettered tyre on the front and a yellow lettered there on the back and there both Maxxis. (y)
FE5B5364-837F-4F5D-9B61-68D663D54F0A.jpeg

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Now I am worried, will I survive the next bike trip. I have a white lettered tyre on the front and a yellow lettered there on the back and there both Maxxis. (y)
...pic...
I'm more worried about the pink pedals.
Often it says something, without speaking it out loud :)

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I know, although summer's round the corner so I might stick the DHF back on the front. Matchy matchy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles