A source for Maxxis White Label Logo

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Hello,
I want to buy Maxxis Rekon, Rekon Race, Ikon, Forekaster, still deciding what I will buy exacly.
Does someone have a decent source for white label (oem?) tyres ?

The yellow is inacceptable, I sanded and sprayed them over on other bikes, but now I will go to Vittoria/Wtb/... if I find nothing.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Some people think the yellow colour-clashes with the bike they have, especially if they have matched all the pedals, grips etc.

White logo only comes from the factory on new bikes, after tat you have to buy yellow.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'd ask around bike shops for people who bought freshies but wanted different tyres but even then I think you'll be lucky to find anything. Either that or marry someone from Maxxis.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm a style queen
:ROFLMAO:

any rider with tyre choices such as.
Maxxis Rekon, Rekon Race, Ikon, Forekaster
I'd be more inclined to imagine as more of a mince queen ;)

biker-fox.gif

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hello,
I want to buy Maxxis Rekon, Rekon Race, Ikon, Forekaster, still deciding what I will buy exacly.
Does someone have a decent source for white label (oem?) tyres ?

The yellow is inacceptable, I sanded and sprayed them over on other bikes, but now I will go to Vittoria/Wtb/... if I find nothing.
Bike-Discount sells sometimes white labelled OEM Maxxis

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

Sprayed? Good idea. I've used Tire Black in the past, but it's not all that great.

Now I run Magura brakes, which have yellow highlights on the levers and calipers,
so I think they look pimped out with the yellow Maxxis lettering. 🕺🏽

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Sprayed? Good idea. I've used Tire Black in the past, but it's not all that great.

Now I run Magura brakes, which have yellow highlights on the levers and calipers,
so I think they look pimped out with the yellow Maxxis lettering. 🕺🏽
On some bikes it can be beautiful, but if there's already a close beige, gold, kashima, copper, orange-ish,... then I personally think it's plain ugly

Last edited:

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Except if "performance" is defined as fast-rolling between Mtb parks.
Which then defines a tyre knob tread pattern. Not the other way around.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rolling resistance "performance" is actually effected by a combination of tread patern, volume, pressure, type of set-up, casing (quality, weight and materials) and rubber compound.
OEM spec tyres generally don't have the best casings or compounds.

But. Yeah... everything is a compromise and who in their right mind would compromise their tyre logo colour :sneaky:

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
FFS…..it’s the performance of the Tire not what colour writings on it ….you got bright pink tassels on the end of you bars ? ….Bet they look awesome when there flapping about lol

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
You're a little confused. The boredom is about your offtopic trivial stuff everybody already knows for a long time.
You could try to give an answer to the questions I have.

Except If you're only here to troll, but you reached 10/10 on this, nothing more to win for you in that case

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You're a little confused. The boredom is about your offtopic trivial stuff everybody already knows for a long time.
You could try to give an answer to the questions I have.

Except If you're only here to troll, but you reached 10/10 on this, nothing more to win for you in that case
lol, troll makes accusations of trolling....

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Now that you've deleted your insulting reply. Can you try and act like a reasonable human being for one minute?

Bike manufacturers buy OEM tyres in bulk at greatly reduced prices from even trade prices.
Because of this certain manufacturers OEM spec tyres can be a whole different spec to what you'd buy retail packaged from a shop. This is plain and simply fact.
Maxxis however do make their white label OEM tyres to the same spec as their retail (yellow label) tyres. What actual compound/casings you manage to find available wherever you are buying from I could not comment on.
But none of the actual tyres you are looking at are even manufactured in Maxxis' highest grip compounds or with their tougher more advanced casings in the first place.

so... As I said.

"OEM spec tyres generally don't have the best casings or compounds".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles