A sneak peak of the new Focus Drifter

Jun 29, 2018
Kent UK
www.cyclingmadeeasy.co.uk
Ride
Haibike
Popped over to Focus bikes in Germany this past weekend to look at the new toys heading our way for 2019. This was the stand out bike for me, 650b rear and 29er front with some stunning new kit from DT Swiss all bolted on to a carbon main frame. It looks even better in the flesh.

img_20180812_105025-jpg.4012

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
While the mullet wheel system does work, I have used it for the last two years on my hardtail, the smaller diameter of the b+ wheel in the rear doesn't seem to be a good choice on an FS bike that potentially has pedal strike issues as it is. On the hardtail it doesn't really affect it.

Nice looking bike though, Focus does a good job of staying out in front of the game.

Al Boneta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
While the mullet wheel system does work, I have used it for the last two years on my hardtail, the smaller diameter of the b+ wheel in the rear doesn't seem to be a good choice on an FS bike that potentially has pedal strike issues as it is. On the hardtail it doesn't really affect it.

Nice looking bike though, Focus does a good job of staying out in front of the game.
I hate having a wider back tire than the front more than anything with a 69er. That bike looks cool, but it would look better with two wheels the same size. Mullet wheels! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Business in front, party in the back

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
:whistle: Beige grips and sidewalls aaaghhhh I love it.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Yeah, I don't understand this trend of copying motorcycles with a wider tire in the rear. We don't have enough power that it's necessary. On a bike, traction is all about your front tire, I've run wider tires up front at times for decades.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Sploosh whitewalls

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Pity they have not gone for the Fazua motor.

Aug 13, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Ride
finding out
Popped over to Focus bikes in Germany this past weekend to look at the new toys heading our way for 2019. This was the stand out bike for me, 650b rear and 29er front with some stunning new kit from DT Swiss all bolted on to a carbon main frame. It looks even better in the flesh.

View attachment 4012
Any specs on this bike? And price? Thinking of a Sam2 and if this will replace either the Jam2 or Sam2?

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending