A sneak peak of the new Focus Drifter

TonyW

Jun 29, 2018
Kent UK
Popped over to Focus bikes in Germany this past weekend to look at the new toys heading our way for 2019. This was the stand out bike for me, 650b rear and 29er front with some stunning new kit from DT Swiss all bolted on to a carbon main frame. It looks even better in the flesh.

IMG_20180812_105025.jpg

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
While the mullet wheel system does work, I have used it for the last two years on my hardtail, the smaller diameter of the b+ wheel in the rear doesn't seem to be a good choice on an FS bike that potentially has pedal strike issues as it is. On the hardtail it doesn't really affect it.

Nice looking bike though, Focus does a good job of staying out in front of the game.

Reactions: Rab

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
While the mullet wheel system does work, I have used it for the last two years on my hardtail, the smaller diameter of the b+ wheel in the rear doesn't seem to be a good choice on an FS bike that potentially has pedal strike issues as it is. On the hardtail it doesn't really affect it.

Nice looking bike though, Focus does a good job of staying out in front of the game.
I hate having a wider back tire than the front more than anything with a 69er. That bike looks cool, but it would look better with two wheels the same size. Mullet wheels! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Business in front, party in the back

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Yeah, I don't understand this trend of copying motorcycles with a wider tire in the rear. We don't have enough power that it's necessary. On a bike, traction is all about your front tire, I've run wider tires up front at times for decades.

ShaneV34

Aug 13, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Popped over to Focus bikes in Germany this past weekend to look at the new toys heading our way for 2019. This was the stand out bike for me, 650b rear and 29er front with some stunning new kit from DT Swiss all bolted on to a carbon main frame. It looks even better in the flesh.

View attachment 4012
Any specs on this bike? And price? Thinking of a Sam2 and if this will replace either the Jam2 or Sam2?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles