A good customer service story

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
Last weekend I rode the Ard Rock. Drove up Friday from London, 7hrs of being stuck in traffic or travelling at a max speed of 60mph we arrived. Left the bike on the rack on the back of the van overnight.

Saturday got up and mooched around for a bit. Went to go for a little spin, got the bike off the back and the gears didn’t work, swapped the batteries between the dropper and the derailleur and still nothing. Headed down the the SRAM tent where the guy first suggested the battery was dead. When I informed him I’d swapped them over and the dropper is still working he said to leave it with them and come back in an hour.

1.5 hours later I arrived back and it was a lot busier, the guy I spoke to looked over the throng of people, caught my eye and said “Are you the guy with the Cannondale? We’ve gotta talk”. Gulp!!!

He got the manager and came over to me. They told me that the derailleur was stuck searching for a firmware update but would not accept the update so it was knackered. He asked when I’d brought it? “December 2019, this is the first problem I’ve ever had with it” I replied.

In my mind I’m thinking it’s well out of warranty now. The manager then informed me they had scanned it and it was made in August that year, they didn’t have any XO1 derailleurs left so they had put a brand new AXS GX on it and to run that for the race.

Then when I get home, take the GX off and send it back to SRAM and they will send out a brand new XO1 as a warranty exchange.

“We’re so glad you’re here as we need to see problems like this” said the manager. “You’re glad I’m here? Not as much as I am you guys are here, you’ve just saved my weekend!!”.

In all of my 30+ years of mountain biking this is the best customer service I’ve ever had from this industry.

Sorry for the rambling post.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles