3D printed bike parts

Dubreak

Oct 31, 2019
Dublin, Ireland
It's about to become a very big thing.
Copyright infringement aside, I'd prefer to pay 70c for plastic, over €140 for a stupid chain guide. That doesn't even exist already.

I know how to use all the software.
I get it for free, sponsorship kinda.

Does anyone else have any photos of 3D printed bike stuff?

I find it very interesting, especially if it means saving stupid prices for "emtb specific" price gouging mass produced componantary.

Regards

Capture.PNG

Dubreak

Oct 31, 2019
Dublin, Ireland
There’s an entire facebook group called 3d printed bike parts iirc
I don't do Facebook. I did for years, but it's designed to make you feel sad. It is based in the city where I live. Facebook Dublin, and Google, LinkedIn, PayPal etc. I digress.

I'm gonna start printing my own 3d printed bike parts, where it's admissible.

It would be great to see similar threads, about home 3d printing. Sustainable development unt alles.

I'm not paying €140 quid for a shitty piece of plastic. Complete robbery.

And no, the item in question does not have a patent or name yet. So I can't talk about it.

Danke 🙂

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yes people have been doing it for years. Is what your designing that special that you're actually going to try and patent a small piece of 3D printed plastic? Good luck with that!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
It's about to become a very big thing.
Copyright infringement aside, I'd prefer to pay 70c for plastic, over €140 for a stupid chain guide. That doesn't even exist already.

I know how to use all the software.
I get it for free, sponsorship kinda.

Does anyone else have any photos of 3D printed bike stuff?

I find it very interesting, especially if it means saving stupid prices for "emtb specific" price gouging mass produced componantary.

Regards

View attachment 119478
I'm interested in your screenshot, its almost the same as video editing software. Is that what is used to design the products?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
You can print what ever you like for yourself. You do not have to worry about patents infringement until you go to sell something for profit that you have directly ripped off.

Side note.

I am percolating some ti 3d printed cranks in my mind.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's a thread in the DIY builds section for sharing 3D print files :

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
I don't do Facebook. I did for years, but it's designed to make you feel sad. It is based in the city where I live. Facebook Dublin, and Google, LinkedIn, PayPal etc. I digress.

I'm gonna start printing my own 3d printed bike parts, where it's admissible.

It would be great to see similar threads, about home 3d printing. Sustainable development unt alles.

I'm not paying €140 quid for a shitty piece of plastic. Complete robbery.

And no, the item in question does not have a patent or name yet. So I can't talk about it.

Danke 🙂
Hey no worries was just a head up kind of thing in case , theres a few dotted around like home made bikes on pinkbike etc start a chat on there and theres literally thousands of framebuilder types waiting to chime in

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles