Went to part ex my Levo today for a Cube 160 sl 2021 but Local shop says I would regret it.

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
Hi, Been riding a Levo for a while but want to drop down a frame size. would like another Levo or Kenevo but would cost me another 2k for basically the same bike which I cant justify. Liked the look of the Cube 160 SL 2021 with the Zeb fork, smaller reach and 27' wheels with perfect price point. My local dealer just had one come in in green looks really nice and the reach feels good. was about to part ex mine but then told I would regret changing from a Levo to a cube. totally confused now on what to do as really wanted it but am I just excited because its new and shiny and I'm not thinking strait. I ride pretty hard on DH trails and someone I ride regularly with doesn't think a Cube 160 would be suitable for some of the stuff we ride down.

Ive decided to sell my Levo now regardless as fancy a change, question is should I buy the Cube 160 or pay more for something better. Thoughts?

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Hi, Been riding a Levo for a while but want to drop down a frame size. would like another Levo or Kenevo but would cost me another 2k for basically the same bike which I cant justify. Liked the look of the Cube 160 SL 2021 with the Zeb fork, smaller reach and 27' wheels with perfect price point. My local dealer just had one come in in green looks really nice and the reach feels good. was about to part ex mine but then told I would regret changing from a Levo to a cube. totally confused now on what to do as really wanted it but am I just excited because its new and shiny and I'm not thinking strait. I ride pretty hard on DH trails and someone I ride regularly with doesn't think a Cube 160 would be suitable for some of the stuff we ride down.

Ive decided to sell my Levo now regardless as fancy a change, question is should I buy the Cube 160 or pay more for something better. Thoughts?

Downhill fan? Kenevo. Wanna cruise some trails? Cube

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
What kind of Levo you have now?
It was Levo Comp with upgraded fox 36. just sold it, went within an hour of advertising it. unbelievable how much interest it got. back to the drawing board now. will see what's about. still temped on the Cube even just to get me through to the end of the year and maybe save up for a Kenevo Expert next year. EBikes seem to be holding there value well lately so its nice to be able to have a change without loosing to much money.

Last edited:

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
I see Remy Metalier riding a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 .
Doesn`t seem to hold him back ?

Biggest difference IMO is 27.5 vs 29 . Cube has Bosch not the Brose that just had to extend their warranty because the motors keep failing ...

Levo is a nice bike I hired one for a few days . I own a Cube stereo Hyb 160 .
Personal preference is for a 27.5 bike .

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
To update on my post, I went with the Cube 160 SL in the end and I’m really chuffed with it. Trying to compare it to the Levo is like comparing apples and oranges it’s just totally different. I would say the Levo is a fast safe bike which is very forgiven. The Cube is just nuts, took me abit to get over the playfulness and to stop hitting me peddles off the floor but my local trail which had become boring ended up being fun again.

The new Zeb forks are very impressive was running with 30 sag but think it will be even better with less.

The only thing that let me down was the brakes, don’t understand why there preforming so bad. Fronts very weak and the back is over overheating very quickly. Within an hour my rear rotor was black. I’ve had MT7’s in the past and was looking forward to having Magura again.

04ED11A5-C84B-4AE5-9869-1C5F985B6B33.jpeg

284141FA-8D05-4D7C-8A60-1272CF7789A4.jpeg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
That’s weird that the dealer would try and talk you out of something for something more expensive

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
To update on my post, I went with the Cube 160 SL in the end and I’m really chuffed with it. Trying to compare it to the Levo is like comparing apples and oranges it’s just totally different. I would say the Levo is a fast safe bike which is very forgiven. The Cube is just nuts, took me abit to get over the playfulness and to stop hitting me peddles off the floor but my local trail which had become boring ended up being fun again.

The new Zeb forks are very impressive was running with 30 sag but think it will be even better with less.

The only thing that let me down was the brakes, don’t understand why there preforming so bad. Fronts very weak and the back is over overheating very quickly. Within an hour my rear rotor was black. I’ve had MT7’s in the past and was looking forward to having Magura again.

View attachment 37795

View attachment 37796

I had some problems with my Magura brakes initially .
The bleed in the lines took 3 times to correct . Since done 500 KM . The 4 pots and the bigger rotors definitely have lots of stopping power when set up correctly . Taken me a little while to learn to modulate the rear .
Dropping the stem a little , putting a spacer on top and rolling the bars towards me made my bike feel more planted in the front end . Felt a little high and forward for me .
Welcome to the club !

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
I had some problems with my Magura brakes initially .
The bleed in the lines took 3 times to correct . Since done 500 KM . The 4 pots and the bigger rotors definitely have lots of stopping power when set up correctly . Taken me a little while to learn to modulate the rear .
Dropping the stem a little , putting a spacer on top and rolling the bars towards me made my bike feel more planted in the front end . Felt a little high and forward for me .
Welcome to the club !
Thanks the heads up, I will get a bleed kit ordered and give that a go. I have changed the bar out to a carbon one and set it more forward it does feel a lot better. I might try it lower, as it probably is a little high.

With the breaks do you know if it makes any difference changing any parts. Was wondering if changing the leaver assembly to an actual MT5 would make any difference?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Thanks the heads up, I will get a bleed kit ordered and give that a go. I have changed the bar out to a carbon one and set it more forward it does feel a lot better. I might try it lower, as it probably is a little high.

With the breaks do you know if it makes any difference changing any parts. Was wondering if changing the leaver assembly to an actual MT5 would make any difference?

Don`t know about different levers .
I actually bought Shimano XT levers to replace the Magura ones . But since I have grown used to the Magura . And haven`t gone any further .

I got a bleed kit from Epic Bleed Solutions . And a cpl of sets of replacement pads .

Last edited:

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38

View attachment 37795

View attachment 37796
I thought the same when I got mine, but once they’d bedded in and I was used to them they are awesome brakes.
I’m sure somebody will be along soon to tell you they need bleeding ?
Tidy bike ????

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
If the lever has consistent feel and does not come back to bar, they don't need bleeding.
As its a new bike, its either the pads have glazed or are contaminated.
Take the pads out and look at the surface.
If its not a nice even matt colour, try gently sanding them to get a good surface again.
A square of sandpaper on a even surface and then just rub the braking surface on it until a good surface is restored.
You can also lightly sand the disc surface for good measure.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Shimano levers and Magura calipers are the way forward apparently. Try googling Shigura for more info.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Shimano levers and Magura calipers are the way forward apparently. Try googling Shigura for more info.

Shigura is a what I had in mind .
But after the faffing about with the bleeding I decided to not bother . I have gotten used to the MT5 levers and don`t see any reason to change ATM . Learning to modulate again is a PIA and can be hazardous to your health .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles